Catfish r everywhere!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by bdporch, May 13, 2008.

1. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Ok is it just me or are the cats really biting good?? I went to the steam plant last night and caught several nice flats and some really decent (5-6)lb channels. Everybody there was cathcing fish. I kept three 2 channells and about a 12 lb flat. 3 guys there had like 90 fish. I mean i believe you should get to keep a few to eat but damnit man. 90? They had 2 coolers and 3 stringers full. Me and my friend caught probably 20 between us in 3 hours couple of which were 25 + flats. Caught and released. I mean i can see where there should be a limit on howmany a guy could keep after seeing those guys with all those fish. Whistler i used to be on here a while ago acct got deleted but i made it again. dont know if ya rememebr me from clksvlle. But ne ways good fishing and good luck. By the way we were fishing whole shad bout 4-6 inch long and has 2 b ALIVE!!! Oh ya the rockfish were in there deep about 11 pm last night if neone here like catching em. I fish alot so i start posting my catch reports in case anyone interested.

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Dover welcome to the BOC its good to have you aboard, glad to hear that you all caught some on your fishing trip and I agree with you on keeping some and eating to me 90 is to many for some poeple, but at the same time you have alot of these people that fishes, and the fish that they catch they usually sell to stores resturaunts, and other things, but thats way to many if it was just going to be him eating them, good luck to you here on out on the rest of your fishing trips.

3. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree too. 90 is too much. The only reason I can see someone could keep so many is if they were wanting to stock their freezer for the summer for their very large family. I'll set out a trotline and keep what I have on there and it'll last me months.

4. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    Which one of the Stream Plants was you at fishing?Was you jugging or rod and reel fishing for the cats?If rod and reel what kind of presentation was you using how far off the bottom was you holding the bait?

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Dover! Welcome to the BOC again. This new site is rather cool, IMO (I like it anyway). So post, participate, and have a grand ole time bro. I know I do. :big_smile:

6. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    was using live shad 5-7 inch long hooked through the tail. 3 oz bell sinker 15-24 inches of line tie to hook 10-15 inches line tied to swivel. was at cumberland city steam plant. caught a few more yesterday. the bite still good caught a 6-8 lb channell heres pic of decent flat and nice channell. These should be some gret eating!!! caught maybe 10 biggest like 15 lb blue, kept these 2 and nother 4 lb channell.

Attached Files:

7. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    Okay thanks for the info on how you was doing the catch.I might try something like that tonight on Percy Priest lake.I think a few of me and my friends and son might go out and try our hand at it with the jugs.But I would really like to catch something of size on rod and reel also.So basically you using a three way swivel one to your sinker and the other to your hook.

8. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Heres a good video to watch

[youtubevid]8wRzypDRjbg[/youtubevid]

9. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    NOt really. I tie off my weight directly tothe eye of my hook, i use 8 lb test to tie off my weight so if it snag it will break off. With the weight tied directly to the hook it eliminates the twist you get when the 3rd string ets wrapped around your bait and the main line. Plus i believe the bait being tied direcly makes sure yusee every bite. The 3 way swivel seems like the fish cantake youbit off " the lack side" of yur line. Hope this helps i have caught some nice flats and this is the only way i fish for em. It also helps that i am in the greatest loction for catfishing i have ever seen. Cumberland river, tenesse river all a ewminutes away. Good luck. Rember big live bait= big fish

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dover Welcome back to the BOC, from So. Illinois.

11. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Dover thanks for the report and welcome back.

12. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    thx for the welcome. got really busy guess thats way old account was inactive. try not to do that again.

13. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Hey, welcome back. Not sure I remember, but I have CRS so that's why. LOL Hope to see you on the river sometime, then I'll remember for sure Dover. Glad to see you back with us.