Catfish ONLY baits?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by GoFish_Tony, May 17, 2006.

1. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Where I am going to be fishing has plenty of Channel Cats as well as other other types of bottom feeding fish (Drum, Sheephead, Carp... etc.)

Is there a choice of bait or perhaps a technique that would result in me increasing my chances of only catching the cats?

Thanks in advance,
    Tony

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

use cut drum/sheephead/carp... etc as bait

3. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    :lol: :big_smile: :lol:
    Well that SHOULD work as a good deterrent/warning. I guess I should have thought of that LOL!!!
    :lol: :big_smile: :lol:

4. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    of course! try stinkbait that works on blues and channels. try small gills. also for small current, ok here are some steps on how i fish with lots of current, (1 to 2 knots per hour current) step one, tie on a barrel swivel and put 7 inches of line on the part that has no string on it. step two get a half ounce sinker, and tie at the bottom. step three tie a hook of whatever size you wish to the barrelswivel side that has the line on it and there you go should look like this
    l
    l
    0--------------------and hoook here where that 0 is thats a barrel swivel
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    o
    (_____) that (_____) is the 1/2 ounce sinker

you can also put a dip worm on that hope it helps

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    5-8" live Drums work just fine for channels and flatheads. If you go out and catch one of those suckers, keep fishin the same spot and get about 25 of them for a good day or 2 of fishing.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Throw a slab of cut bream out there the size of your palm and it will eliminate the nibblers.