Catfish on the Big Screen

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Cattoo, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    ok this is a slightly different thread than usual. i was watching t.v. the other night and "The Waterboy" was on so i watched it. probably adam sandlers best but thats beside the point. there was a scene in the movie where bobby bucche's ma is fixing supper and she has this very nice blue cat laid out on the table which meets a very untimely demise ala meat cleaver. apparently she did not believe in cpr:big_smile: anyway i'm watching this and i yell out to my wife" look its a bluecat!" to which i get the usual response( eyes rolling in head). most people would not have given the blue a second thought, but a catman is a different breed. so, im at work today and i start trying to remember if there are anymore movies with a catfish in them. the only other one i can come up with is " Grumpy Old Men" or was it "Grumpier Old Men" or both. i cant remember. i do remember they were chasing this legendary catfish around this lake. turned out it was a big flathead. does anybody remember the fishes name? anyway my challenge to you guys is to try and come up with as many movies as you can that have a catfish in them. the cat does not have to have the lead role, a cameo will do. oh, and "Jaws" was not a catfish guys. :lol: oh i just remembered one more" Big Fish".

2. Greg32

Greg32 New Member

State:
    Northeast Kansas
    I believe the fish they are trying to catch in Grumpier Old Men is named "Catfish Hunter"

3. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yep catfish hunter. Although its been years since I watched the movie, I thought I remember it being a channel cat.

I'm the same way with reptiles. Ive grown up owning, catching, etc snakes lizard turtles frogs my entire life. When I see movies that have these in them I always laugh at the snakes they use. For example, in the movie US marshal when they go to catch Wesley Snipes in the swamp they use I believe milk snakes as props but kinda play it off as deadly snakes. Then you got things like fear factor where they fill a container up with snakes that arnt poisonous, and dont bite, and scare people with them. I know the average person doesnt care what type of snake it is, they dont want to be around it, but it cracks me up. Then you got emperor scorpions used in many movies, in magic shows and stuff that are harmless, in fact rarley sting, and there are played off being deadly, agressive and stuff.

Being what I consider an amateur expert on these types of critters just makes me laugh. But ask me about military movies, history, or things of that nature and I would be fooled as easy as the next guy.

4. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    and how many flicks have you seen where they use wax worms and meal worms for maggots?

5. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    On an episode of the simpsons Homer and marge go to a marriage counsler on a lake and homer goes out to catch the giant catfish in the lake instead of trying to save his marriage.

6. DTro

DTro Active Member

State:
    Minnesota
    "Big Fish" has a monster flat in it, not only that, but I actually thought it was a good movie.

The Grumpier Old Men fish came from waters not too far from my home in MN.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Iron Chef once used Catfish as the Secret Ingredient. It was pretty good.

8. DTro

DTro Active Member

State:
    Minnesota
    In-Fisherman's "Day on the River"

on my 52" Big Screen:lol: