Catfish on nest?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Biscuit, May 13, 2007.

1. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

State:
    Va
    was wondering if there on the nest yet, last 2 nights havn't even got a hit, will they hit during this period?

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    They may be, in your part of the world. Think we have had so much rain lately the water temperature still hasn't got to the point where they get romantic. I believe they will spawn up through August, depending upon conditions.

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    They should be on the nest.

4. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

State:
    Va
    how do they hit when on the nest? how long does it last?

5. screamin clicker

screamin clicker New Member

State:
    Burlington North Carolina
    What area do you fish in, in Va? Ive been thinking the same thing about buggs island, last few trips have only been blues and we`ve been skunked when it comes to the flatheads. :sad2:

6. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana

same here..

weve barely cought a darn thing!!!

7. Ed1

Ed1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Bicuit if you are fishing south holston still I fished it today and caught a 7lb flathead out of the wolf creek area. water temp according to fish finder 69.8 degrees. I don't think flatties are on the nest yet here. I am still catching more cats during the day than at night.

8. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

State:
    Va
    going to try it sat again, you ever catch any blues at holston?

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Well, find a rock with a hole under it. Stick your hand in and your guaranteed to learn how they are hitting. Channels tickle, flat heads mash you and a blue just out right cleans your clock. LOL I don't think the rod and reel fishermen are doing too much, but I think it is more to the rain than anything else. The good Lord has put out a lot of water lately.