catfish on lake lanier

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by boohoo222, May 6, 2009.

1. boohoo222

boohoo222 New Member

State:
    georgia
    any suggestions as where to find some

2. Jighead07

Jighead07 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Try the humps in major creek arms during the day, and fish shallow flats or the backs of the same creeks at night floating a bait about 2 ft deep. Has worked really well for me this time of year in years past. Good luck, hope you catch a boatload.

3. boohoo222

boohoo222 New Member

State:
    georgia
    thanks ill try that gonna be day fishin

4. Gazippoman

Gazippoman New Member

State:
    GA
    Boohoo...the only place I've ever found cats consistantly is off the hump in the narrows of 6 Mile. I've never found anyone that catfishes Lanier regularly.

Bill

5. boohoo222

boohoo222 New Member

State:
    georgia
    thanks i will try there

6. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I love cat fishing lake lanier!

7. Gazippoman

Gazippoman New Member

State:
    GA
    Where to you find them? I tried fishing the creeks up the Chesatee a couple of weeks ago, and only caught 1 small channel cat. I'd love to figure out where the flatheads that are being caught are!

Bill

8. Yakdawg

Yakdawg New Member

State:
    Cumming, GA
    I have had good luck catching catfish on lanier!

No big fish yet though, but there are some there!

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I live on Flat creek and fish from Browns Bridge and south 99% of the time. The best creek arms Ive found are Flat creek itself from my dock down to the mouth and into the creek itself when the water is high enough. Balus creek has a good amount of catfish at the mouth after a good rain way in the back. Flowery Branch park near both sets of pipe is also a good consistent producer and also the spot where I hooked my biggest fish to date in Lanier. Keep the rod in a good solid rod holder cause all of these spots can surprise with the occasional stripers. A few weeks ago after the mega rains we had me and my buddy Rick anchored up in the first bend in Flat creek itself and proceeded to catch 35+ channels a bunch on white cats and even a carp all using cut bluebacks and small gizzard shad in only about 4 or 5 hours with biggest cat going right around 10lbs.

10. boohoo222

boohoo222 New Member

State:
    georgia
    hope i can find them, gonna try

11. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Begging will get you no where BooHoo:dribble:
    :0a34:
    :0a33:

:0a37:

12. boohoo222

boohoo222 New Member

State:
    georgia
    it wont be for not trying:006::cross::0a23:
    ye--haw....hehehe

13. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    last year i fished every other weekend for cats in lanier and always caught atleast 2 or 3. I usually fished nights. We used dead bluebacks and chicken liver. I always pulled up in coves and anchored for 30- 45 min. if no bites i went to another cove. I think theres cats everywhere in lanier i just havent got a big one. Biggest was 9 lbs. I mostly striper fish now. Alot more fun to me. Lanier is a prime striper lake so why not fish for them in there. There a blast to catch.

14. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Yup gotta go for the biggest bang for the buck I say. So when are we gonna get out there and catch some stripers Rooster?? I am laid off this week and every 3rd week after that well into July so Im gonna have plenty of spare time on my hands.

15. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Funny right there, they told us Friday that we would be furloughed 1 day a week till further notice. I told my boss that the fish bit better on Mondays anyway

16. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I wish that were true for tuesdays LOL I was as far up as the Chestatee arm of Lanier today and as far South as Lanier Islands and didnt mark much of nothin as far as stripers go but I did get 3 channels to 6lbs off the dock in an hours time :)

17. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Left the dock at 5am today in search of stripers but the wind was fierce and the stripers were hiding. Wound up catfishing from 10am till about 3pm today. I beached the boat at the mouth of Balus creek itself and had one rod in the creek and one rod in deeper water. The deep water rod nailed 3 channels to about 7lbs and the shallow rod 10ft or so didnt get touched. I also did the same by beaching my boat in flat creek and fishing the first bend and picked up 2 more while missing 3 others. Finished up on my dock for another 2 channels. Best part being they were all channels and no pesky white catfish today I dont even think I got a tap from one of those pain in the arses today.

18. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    the cat fish cometh like the tax man, learn!

19. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Im fixing to tear them up!:wink:

20. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Dang I guess you already took off I would have hopped in the boat and met up with ya somewhere.