Catfish Nite Stick Pro Series

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by rushing, Jun 16, 2006.

1. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I was thinking about picking one of these up. A 7'6" 1 piece m/h 15-40lb line weight Casting rod. Does anyone have one or have tried one? Sounds like a good rod but buying online you cant pick it up and give it a wiggle.

Thanks

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Are you talking about the white and grey/black pachawk nite stick with cork handle? If so I have a buddy that has 2 of the 10' 2 piece and they are an excellent rod.I have an older 9' red/white and its my favorite rod I have.

3. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Yeah the grey & black with the cork handle. Looks like a good quality rod.
    Thanks for the input!

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You're welcome!!! When I get the $,I want to get one of the 9' ones.I saw the guy land a 29lber and the rod was capable of a lot more.

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Yeah my buddy has a few of them, and he likes them real well...I think he uses the 7 or 8 footers

6. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    The only thing I am concerned with is that the rod might be too stiff to effectivly fish circle hooks with. I mostly fish cabelas King Kat Pros spinning rods in 8ft and 9ft, but I just picked up a Abu 6501CL3 for cheap and looking to match it up with a rod.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I don't know abt the circles,I've never used them.I know the nite stick I have is pretty stiff,but I love It.I caught my personal best 33.5lb flathead with an Abu 6000 on my 9' red/white nite stick and several huge turtles and never had a problem with It.I've had it for almost 7 years now and have nothing but good words to say abt their rods.

8. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I own 2 of that exact rod...it has a soft tip and so far has worked well with Octopus, Kahles and circles..go for it!:wink:

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Sounds interesting ,where do you find these rods.?:smile2:

10. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Catfish Connection is where I got mine. It's the 7'6" one piece, Nite Stick Pro.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    catfish connection has them,look under american spirit casting/spinning rods.I like the casting rods better,more backbone I think.They are well worth the money IMO!!!

12. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Yeah I ordered one from Catfish Connection. Well hopefully I am gonna give it a work out this summer, the two biggest flats I have caught this season so far are a 28lb and a 43lbs. Thanks for the info guys!:big_smile:

13. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Another good one for the money made by the same company is the OTS Supreme rod. I ordered one to try out, and it definitley feels like it will handle a 50+ pound fish. I paired it with a Penn 320. It casts great, can handle a lot of weight, and has a fairly flexible tip, so circle hooks could be used too. I think it is more heavy duty than the Nite Stiks though (dont hold me to this though).

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good Luck with it,keep us posted how you do and how you like it.If its half as good for you as its been for me,you'll love it!!!

15. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    nite sticks. these are the only rods i really use and they are great. plenty of back one. and durable as can be. only thing is they will fade as days go on from the sun.

16. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Got it! Rod fishes well and I would recomend!

17. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I have 4 of these rods 2X71/2 and 2x 10 ' on the 7 1/2 I had a big bowfin on the bank and when I was taking the hook out the rod broke near the tip. This was from my own stupidty and after I repaired the rod I have hauled in some really big gar in TX with no ill effects.

SEE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT THE BOC NATIONAL GATHERING

18. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Rushing have you used any quantum big cat rods or tiger rods, I was wondering how the nitestick pro rods compared to the bigcats and tigerrods.

19. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Slimcat I have the M/H Big Cats and the 7'6" M/H Nite Stick Pro...the appearance and back bone of the Big Cats is superior to the Nite Stick. The Nite Stick is not a fancy rod but the action seems to make it more effective for hook up rate...or at least it seems that way to me. I have had one big fish on the Nite Stick Pro but did not land it due to leader failure. Although the Nite Stick is not as fancy nor as stiff as the Big Cats I didn't feel like it was gonna break or anything. JMHO Nite Sticks have Stainless steel line guides with heavy ceramic inserts. Have never owned the Tigers so can't provide any feed back there.

20. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have used a nightstick pro, and I own a tiger rod..No comparison at all, the tiger rod is the tougest strogest rod I have used.