catfish newbie

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by BYCURLY, Sep 18, 2008.

1. BYCURLY

BYCURLY New Member

State:
    LA
    Ok guys, after doing some serious "learning" from this site I am about to give the whiskerfish the old college try. Until recently the only catfish I have caught were pond raised or the occaisional accident while bass, crappie fishing. I have 3 girls that love to fish but let's face it bass and at times crappie don't give em a chance to do a whole lot of catching. This has to be by far the most information packed fishing site I have ever found. Prior to this in the last couple of weeks I have made a few trips to the local lake and caught 5-15 small channels not really knowing where to start. Now AFTER finding and reading and watching and listening ( you get the picture) I feel like I'm ready to actually go out with a game plan. Hopefully Friday evening I will be heading out to target both channels and flatheads. Sorry for the longwinded post but I just want to thank everyone on this site for the free sharing of their knowledge and tactics on this site. Wish me Luck, Curly.:big_smile:

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    welcome to the BOC curly lots of good info and great people here the best catfish site on the net ,hands down

3. Igottheblues!

Igottheblues! New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisia
    WELCOME TO THE BOC CURLY !:roll_eyes:

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brian,

Welcome to the BOC from So. Alabama and your rite there is so much good info here . Enjoy your stay and learn as much as possible because it it a great sport

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Brian. Good luck on your quest and give us a report. You will love this site. I learn something new every day. Not always fishin related.

6. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    A big TEXAS welcome to ya, Brian.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck to you, Welcome to the BOC this site is full of good info and great people!

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian we Welcome you to the brotherhood, from So. Illinois.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

9. BYCURLY

BYCURLY New Member

State:
    LA
    Thanks for the welcomes, I hope to post some pics after I get a try at 'em. I will let ya know how it turns out, good or bad. May have to go late morning in the am due to obligations but would really like to go evening/night. We'll see how it goes.