Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im kinda new to catfishing. I started two years ago ,and I cant even get the thought of catfish out of my head now. I dont have many lakes I fish with a lot of catfish in them. Im looking to spend my summer expirimenting with a buch of lakes, and rivers after I graduate this year. So could anyone tell me were some good lakes are near blair and cambria county? I live right in the middle of the two countys.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Josh welcome to the BOC :0a25:About the closest thing in our area would either be Raystown lake. I've done a little good up around Weaver's bridge. Or the north end of Wilmore dam between Munster and Portage. Ive caught some nice bullheads and some channels in the 15 -18" range there. I like to head up to the Allegheny River around the Kittanning area. Maybe we can hook up for a trip this summer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I go down to willmore to. Thats my top lake I have cought a couple of 6 pounders there and have herd of some nice 15 pounders there too. Anyways, ya we should go fishing some time this summer tbartek. I have read some of your reviews and seen that you fish some of the same lakes I do.

·
Registered
118 Posts
rumor has it that dumans dam over by nicktown has some cats in it .... dont know yet ... but i do plan on finding out

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
Chris, I've never tried Duman because it's always loaded down with trout fishermen. I know pacatchaser has done some ice fishing there.
I've ice fished Duman several times. Very nice little lake. I couldn't tell you though if it holds any cats. Through the ice we caught Trout & Panfish and also the one & only Chain Pickerel I've ever caught! :big_smile:

·
Registered
281 Posts
thread revival haha Yes dumans has ALOt of catfish. i live about 4miles away most are small 10-13inch range. Ive also fished lake rowena in ebensburg latley and never caught any but got some HUGE bites. goin to wilmore dam to night. never fished there before. I go to yellow creek all the time for bass but have never caught a cat there. colver resivor has a ton of cat fish but its no night fishing there. this is my first year for catfish i started real late last year and only got to go a few times. but now im goin every time i can. any places for some BIG cats?

·
Registered
741 Posts
thread revival haha Yes dumans has ALOt of catfish. i live about 4miles away most are small 10-13inch range. Ive also fished lake rowena in ebensburg latley and never caught any but got some HUGE bites. goin to wilmore dam to night. never fished there before. I go to yellow creek all the time for bass but have never caught a cat there. colver resivor has a ton of cat fish but its no night fishing there. this is my first year for catfish i started real late last year and only got to go a few times. but now im goin every time i can. any places for some BIG cats?
Dan, how did you do at Wilmore? I haven't fished there this year yet, but have done fair on channel cats there in the past. The best place for cats is the northern end that you get to by going down Patrick road near Munster. I'll caution you though, if you don't have 4WD it's rough the last 1/2 mile down to the lake. I'm hoping they run a road grader down there sometime soon. The fish warden that hangs out down by the breast told me that he saw 2 - 30" channels come out of the lake. I know that there is at least one that was 36" two years ago because I released it into the lake. We won't talk about where it came from. :wink:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Dan, how did you do at Wilmore? I haven't fished there this year yet, but have done fair on channel cats there in the past. The best place for cats is the northern end that you get to by going down Patrick road near Munster. I'll caution you though, if you don't have 4WD it's rough the last 1/2 mile down to the lake. I'm hoping they run a road grader down there sometime soon. The fish warden that hangs out down by the breast told me that he saw 2 - 30" channels come out of the lake. I know that there is at least one that was 36" two years ago because I released it into the lake. We won't talk about where it came from. :wink:
uhh no good not a bite. went to the breast area. alot of people there when i went. i havent gone since then. buut goin out tonight to lake rowena in ebensburg, hopefully catch something. also looking for ponds,lakes to set turtle lines as turtle season just came in july 4. i have a few out at yellow creek but no luck. well.... gotta go check my lines. then off to walmart for chiken livers, and nightcrawlers.

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
I know where that Cat came from! >:X

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.