Catfish live box

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by ole whiskers, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ole whiskers

ole whiskers Guest

I built a floating live box for my catfish. When fishing for several days we tie up this box to the wharf fill it up until we are ready to head home. Then we will take them out to clean them before leaving. Made it out of chicken wire and 1by3 planks. Put a door on the top with a latch. Will keep for a while in this box. Build it as big as you want. Be sure to pull it out of water when putting fish in. They will find the smallest of spaces to make it back to the water. Lost a 30lb. flathead and my brother almost killed me.

2. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I really reallly really hate putting fish that I worked to get out of the water, back in the water. I usually put them in the ice chest if I'm keeping them. I don't even like stringers.

3. ole whiskers

ole whiskers Guest

Will go through my pictures and see if I have any. Will let you know.

4. ole whiskers

ole whiskers Guest

We would usually stay at a camp on the river for several days with not much ice. That is the main reason. The last morning we would pull them out and clean for about an hour and put the fish in bread bags that we got from a bakery. Then they are ready for the deep freeze.

5. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Yeah I'm not knocking your system at all. You figured out a good fix to your situation I was just stating my dislike for giving fish half a chance to go tell thier buddies hehe.