Catfish limits

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by grizzly, Sep 1, 2006.

1. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    What is the daily limit on catfish where you fish? In Arkansas the limit is 10 combined, channel, blue and flatheads. No limit on bullheads. grizzly

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

That was a good question. Here in NC I was unable to find a limit are a size limit on catfish.

3. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    In Missouri the daily limit is ten channels, 5 blues, and 5 flatheads. There are special limits on the Mississippi River (where I fish) so that the daily and possession limit is twenty channel and blues in total and also ten flatheads.

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    There are no limits on cats in New York, which is okay cause i think iam the only one in N.Y. that seriously fishes for them, other than my sons.

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's because there are no limits.:sad2: As many catfisherman as there are in NC and still no limit, man it just ain't right.

6. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I know most of you good people dont live or fish here in Nebraska, but for my brothers and sister that do, here is the link to the website that covers EVERYTHING in Nebraska:

http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/fishing/guides/fishguide/FishGuide.pdf#search=%22illegal%20fishing%20baits%20in%20nebraska%22

Inland waters, bag = 10, possess = 20

Out of the Missouri River,
    bluecat bag = 1 possess = 2
    channel cat = 5 possess = 10
    flathead cat = 5 possess = 10

Now if I can just figure out the difference between "bag" and "possess" means, Ill be in business!

Kenny

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Thanks Zakk I thought I was just overlooking the information.

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    No problem, the only thing I've ever heard of is, that if you're using a stringer you can only have 20 cats on each one, I don't understand that rule at all.

9. mobowhtr

mobowhtr Member

State:
    MO

Mo. has daily limits and possession limits, I'm guessing your bag limit is a daily limit, You should be able to e-mail your state office to verify that.

10. Jamey

Jamey New Member

State:
    Pegram, Tennessee
    ...we can keep all the little cats we want, but are limited to 1 catfish per day over 34 inches. Commercial fishermen are no longer allowed to keep ANY catfish over 34", which is fine by me.

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I think bag limit is what you can catch in one day process limit is the number of fish you can have perod example you go fishing on a 3 day trip you can only take the process home:0a20:

12. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Md's limit used to be 5 total.. 10 in possession ... that was for all species of catfish, blue, channels, bullheads and white...

Now they have Regs only on Channels (which a DNR officer would consider the whites, channels if they didn't know any better) with the same # regs... although their website and their literature don't agree on minimum size... i've seen 10" and I've seen no size...

Blues have no limits on them what so ever anymore because DNR thinks they are going to damage the ecosystem......................*sigh*

Our DNR and Gov't can't seem to get their act together and DNR can't seem to make up its mind anyway for any of their stuff...

13. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    We have a five channel limit with a 12 inch minimum length.

14. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    texas is 25 total on blues and channels 12inchs and 5 flathead 15 inchs. I wished they would lower the limits in texas therer are a lot of catfisherman in texas.

15. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Not for sure about Kentucky, I've never been told there was a limit,and I have caught many a time. 25-35 channels. 67 which is my personal best in a 61/2 hr time limit. Limit ? I just keep setting the hook:big_smile:

anybody know about a limit here in Ky?. Just wondering. Good ?. got me thinking

16. mongesf

mongesf New Member

State:
    Beardstown, Illinois

Maybe they are trying to protect your stringer from getting tore up from all the fish on it?:eek:oooh:

17. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    we don't have one YET. i wish we did.

18. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    cattoo,thanks for the info. yeah we need one for sure
    do you think we have too many cats swimming in Ky, waters?.:big_smile:

19. Jebbie

Jebbie New Member

State:
    TN
    Iowa has an 8 bag limit, and 30 possession on lakes, and most rivers exept the Mississippi. It doesn't have a bag or possession limit.

20. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    No limits on Cats here in Illinois, except for site specifice rules and those vary.