catfish insider

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kscathunter, Apr 3, 2008.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    .....dissapointed didnt even buy it. I have been searching the shelfs because I knew they come out in april. I finaly found some fliped through the pages and only found a couple things worth reading and im pretty sure theise topics were covered in past issues or videos. some might find it to be good reading but i think ill keep my $5 this year and hope they do better next year.

2. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    Don't order a copy from Prime Media (In-Fisherman). They charged me $6 for shipping on a $5 magazine when I already subcribe to their magazine.:sad2:
    Nothing new in it:sad2:

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    what places in general are you guys finding the 2008 catfish guide. My wife has searched the whole entire town i live in and no one is carrying it. checked out catfish connection. their price is $4.95 plus $6.95 shipping. i don't think so!:angry:

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Most any place that has a good magazine stand. I've seen them this year at 7Eleven, HyVee grocery store, and a CVS Pharmacy. Last year I bought it at Cabelas. Some places take a few days longer than others to get it on the stand.

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    before becoming a boc member i had 4 fishing mags coming to my house.1 was a catfishing mag,1 was a waleye mag,and 2 were bass fishing mags.i have found that i can find the same things on the boc so i no longer spend the money for the mags.if i cant find what i need on the boc.all i haft to do is make a post and ill have page after page of answers from catfishermen round the world.and best of all i dont have to weed threw 50 pages of advertizements to read 10 pages about fishing.

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    thanks for the info Gary! they must be taking longer in our area to receive the issues. Never thought about Cabelas. Great idea!:0a24::0a31:

Mark..

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I bought the 2008 Catfish-Insider last Sunday 3-30-08 at our local grocery store. While true some of the info is repetitive I still enjoyed reading the magazine. This is the 13th edition of the annual issue. I have 11 of the 13. I'm missing 2001 and 2003. If anyone has a copy of either of those two that they are willing to sell please drop me a PM.

8. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Seaworld sucks I traveled 1500 miles cross country for a chance to fight shamu and they had the nerve to throw me out and say I couldn't fish there. I smuggled in a surf rod and picked up 3 road kills for bait an that sucker broke 200lb test braid like it was 4lb mono. But seriously guys it's cooler here this weekend 55 degrees and cloudy than it is in K.C. The Jayhawks better win or this whole vacation is gonna stink. Eric:angry:

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I did the same thing Johnny!!!
    I found that I could come in here and get to the MEAT & POTATOES of CATFISHING in one spot. I didn't have to pay for a bass story, a crappie story or, a trout story and, yes there are even so called catfishing magazines out there that have hunting stories in them, LOL!!!
    I a person wants the "How-to's" of catfishing, there is only one place to find it in my oppinion and, that is right here on the BOC. Not only do you get to read great articles about the sport we all love, you can ask questions on an enteractive level (unlike a magazine)!!!! Best of all The BOC is only a click away, No Need to Wait for your Information to come to you in the mail!!!
    So take that money that you are thinking of spending on a mag subscription and make a donation to the BOC!!!! I can assure you that, you will get more bang for your buck!!!!

10. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree I believe I will save my money and use it for fishing

11. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    You have to have something new to pass the time on the toilet....:smile2:

12. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    To start, I also realize most of the articles in the "Insider" are quite repetitive, but I just enjoy reading it, plus, I have every copy they ever printed, starting with the quarterly "Guides" and every issue of the "Insider". Maybe some day my boy's will be able to sell them for a million bucks or so as collectors items when there are no more magazines.:wink::smile2:

13. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Don't forget about how they short changed us on the in-sider! They cut it short before the subscription were fulfilled!:angry:

14. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    what a blue that is a horse way to go magazine are rip offs:smile2:

15. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    that is a nice picture:wink:

16. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    that is so right nice blue wyliecat good job:cool2:

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I got the 2003 issue on ebay today :big_smile:! So now I just need the 2001 issue to have the complete set. Anyone have a copy they want to sell?

18. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Chris, they just extended my regular IF magazine subscription to make up for the lost issues of the Guides I wouldn't receive?

19. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    good to see this thread hasnt been removed. i posted on another thread that i still had 1 more copy left if anyone was still lookin. that was a week 1/2 ago though. if there is anyone in the topeka area that is still wantin one then get ahold of me. my phone # is on my profile.