catfish in the trees!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishassassin, Aug 11, 2009.

1. catfishassassin

catfishassassin New Member

State:
    ohio
    went out to the pond by my house last night, the one where i got chased by a coon, and it was a slow cool night, steam on the water and beer in my hand, my bell jingled on my spincasting pole and i set the hook,however i ended up gettin snagged in the trees. that wasnt my first snag, but that was the first time i pulled a cat out of the water and into the trees, and it was stuck up there for 30 min+... couldnt see too well so i didnt even know if the fish was still on.... i use 40# big game test line so pullin on my ugly stik i didnt even budge that snag one bit, and thought i lost it, debating wether or not to cut my line (i hate cuttin line..) i yanked and yanked til the line cut thru the branch and i still had my fish... the S.O.B. was and almost belly up but i got em lol.... never had to fight that hard for any fish :tounge_out:

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Brandon you got a little carried away landing that cat didn't you :wink::smile2:

3. catfishassassin

catfishassassin New Member

State:
    ohio
    i get carried away EVERY time i land a cat lol :tounge_out:

4. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    THOUGHT THEY WHERE CATFISH? NOT TREE FISH.:smile2:

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Brandon get em in by any means now a days. Now if that had been a rock might a been a bit tougher. Wait rocks aren't in tree's.