Catfish in South Carolina

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by CatFish Daddy, Jun 27, 2006.

1. CatFish Daddy

CatFish Daddy New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Who caught any catfish this weekend? JUNE 23-25 My boat is in the shop. I had other things to do. I did get to ride by Santee Cooper Lake and look at the water, but no fishing. I live in Darlington and fish the Big PeeDee River a lot. The picture in my profile is a BIG 30 lb. caught in the PeeDee on a live eel about 6 in. long. I have to go to work now. TTYL

2. catcam

catcam New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Welcome to the BOC, Catfish Daddy.

3. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Not from your area but did catch a couple over the weekend. Also, welcome aboard, good to see another member join the pursuit!

4. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    WylieCat and I caught 25 or so Friday night, mostly smaller fish. Hope you get the boat fixed soon!

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Welcome to the BOC, Rock. I know you'll enjoy it here. That PeeDee river is some kinda beautiful up your way.
    I spoke with a guy in Georgetown recently, said he had a brother your way that loved to fish, so I gave him this web address to pass along. Would you be the brother, maybe??

6. CatFish Daddy

CatFish Daddy New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yeah I am the brother that loves to fish! That was my older brother at the SS office. He called me that same day that he talked to you and told me about the website. I went to it immediately and I LOVE IT! I am looking forward to hooking up with some of you guys from South Carolina and maybe other places to do some fishing sometime.

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the club CatDaddy. I hope to fish soon but it won't be this week or next. Next week will be way to busy on the water for me to even try to go.

8. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Rock, welcome to the BOC, best site on the net.. My grandaughter got her first flathead this past week-end 22 lb 4 oz. on Wylie....

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Welcome to the hood!!!!

Like tatersalad said, we caught around 25 Friday night. Most were small, but we had a few in the 5-6 pound range.

The bite was odd. They hit VERY late, like around 2:00am.

10. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Again, welcome to the BOC, Rock. Glad to have you. Jump right in and make yourself at home. Lots of good members here, with a lot of info to share, and a hunger to learn more!

11. CatFish Daddy

CatFish Daddy New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Good morning Tommy. I tried to send you a personal message but I don't have enough posts to do so. I got up early this morning to go get my boat out of the shop. Still trying to wake up. drinking my first cup of coffee.I got my daughter typing for me because I can't see the keys first thing in the morning my eyes don't work right. Its a hit and miss. Where do you fish at? Tail Race Canal or upper lake or what? I grew up in Bamburg near Edisto River. The longest Blackwater river in the world. The fish sure were good out of there when I was a little boy.In fact the fish taste better everywhere when I was a little boy. It must have been since I was a little boy. I just didn't care where they came from as long as I had some to eat. I use to live in Charleston and was all over Monks Corner, Saint Stevens and even been through Andrews a couple of times. But i was not fishing back then, I was drag racing. Well I've got to go get my boat. TTYL

CAT DADDY