catfish in-sider magazine

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by catfishlarryiowa, Apr 25, 2009.

1. catfishlarryiowa

catfishlarryiowa New Member

State:
    Iowa
    just thought i would let you all know that the catfish in_sider magazine is out at local stores. picked mine up at hyvee on north 16 st. in Council bluffs today./ Larry.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Larry, how much does an issue cost now?

3. catfishlarryiowa

catfishlarryiowa New Member

State:
    Iowa
    five dollars.

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ive been waiting for a copy, glad its finally out, thanks for passing it on.

5. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    got mine. i'd been waiting for it for a while. it's got some pretty good articles inside.

6. Longjohn119

Longjohn119 Well-Known Member

State:
    Iowa
    Coincidentally I just got mine today, I have them going back to '04 except for last year when I somehow missed it ... This year I've been thinking of it because of the flood on the Red River, the 2005 had an article on the Red about using maps to narrow down potential spots. It was also the first time I had heard of River Pro boats which are a double thickness bottomed aluminum boat with a jet drive motor .... I've wanted one ever since

If I remember right the Editor is from northwest Iowa

7. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Steve Hoffman is from Corralvill, Iowa

8. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    actually I'm a little disappointed in the magazine. it's pretty thin compared to the issues of the past and I think its an old cover. I don't think catfishing is gettin the attention it deserves. I know that you can only published so much information and after so many years you have to repost something you've already printed but come on, have you seen the walleye issue or the bass issue?!?!?!?! maybe we should start a magazine and get info from everyone on here!! I bet ours would have 5 times the info and some of the same.

9. j-mack

j-mack New Member

State:
    michigan
    If you missed an issue log onto catfish connection they usually go back a couple of years, or you can get their catalog and order from there.+

10. Longjohn119

Longjohn119 Well-Known Member

State:
    Iowa
    Actually Steve it was Editor-in-chief Doug Stange I was thinking of, he's the cousin of the first buddy I had when I moved to Iowa. In fact Doug's Uncle Marley sent the two of us through a couple of NRA courses on gun safety and hunting before we could go out alone together. So we hunted and fished and even trapped together for a number of years until Craig moved down by Atlanta

The only time I met Doug is when we all went out to Montana elk hunting when I was 17 and the 3 of us boys damn near got lost tracking a wounded elk and a blizzard came up on us so hard that you couldn't see 2 feet in front of you making it hard to even see the markings we had left so we wouldn't get lost. (And the only thing that saved our butts) It's snowed about a foot in just a couple of hours that afternoon but by noon the next day it was 60 degrees and most of it had melted