catfish in rivers

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by outdoors1988, Jun 17, 2009.

1. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I fished lakes all my life and was wondreing where i would have the best luck on fishing for cats on a river and what to look for. i live in wagoner thats easter ok.

2. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    Hey Outdoors,
    I've done some jugging over by you on the navigation channel and sloughs just off of it. Nice fish come up out of the depths of the Nav channel!
    I seem to catch good fish in both the rivers and the lakes up here north of Tulsa.

Q

3. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    three rivers is a good spot, put in there by the power plant in muskogee will be close or the upper end of ft.gibson

4. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    FIND YOU A GOOD BEND IN THE RIVER AND TRY THAT.BELOW A GOOD CURRENT IS ALSO A GOOD SPOT AND AROUND LOG JAMS ALSO.

5. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    Josh,

Me and my daughters boyfriend went out this morning and fished the N. Canadian around Shawnee. We caught 7. Here's my favorite way. Take one pole, some tackle, a stringer, drinking water and punch bait or shrimp, shad, or whatever your favorte bait is. Get in the river. You can do that on the N. Canadian, make sure you can do it at whatever your fishing, next you start walking and hit deep holes, snags and brushpiles. Even large rocks hold fish. You will also learn a great deal about how the river bottom is shaped by different things in the current. Find the deep holes when the rest of the area is:big_smile: in thigh high water and prepare to get bit. If you need first hand information on this technique give me a yell and we will go. Good luck.

6. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Like these guy's said all good methods, find a deeper pool below riffles or below logjams, remember current plays a big role in positioning the fish. It wont take long to find a pattern on the river you select....good fishin!:wink:

7. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Gonna do a little of this on the Deep Fork this holiday weekend.

8. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    Catman,,,,,,,,,where on the Deep Fork do you go? I've been wanting to hit it just upstream of the lake, come in from the highway ramp. Make an all night run down there and set some jugs.

Q

9. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I own a quarter mile of deep fork river in OKC and I have 2 or 3 holes that have some eater size channels in them. I am going to sit under my bridge in the shade and jerk some jaws. I have some carp in 1 hole that may run 10-12 pounds and I use some corn on them. That will sure stretch my string.:wink: