Catfish in ponds?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Cat catcher10, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Cat catcher10

Cat catcher10 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    my neighbor has a pretty good size pond on his land and me and my friend fish it sometimes ......we usually get 6 or 7 pounders.........is that good for the pond were fishing(it's about an acre big) or should i be doing something special?

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Why ask, you are doing great. The usual catch in a pond that size is no where as big, unless someone feeds them. The only thing you need to do different is invite me :lol:

3. catfishslayer

catfishslayer New Member

State:
    Illinois
    sounds like your doing what it takes to catch em.Try using cut up bluegill on cathooks with a leader and a sliding egg weight see if you catch anything bigger that wiill tell you if there is any bigger ones than the ones your catching.Good Fishing!

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I agree, you re doing well, why change what works. I would say a 6-7 pounder is a pretty decent fish in that size of pond... Im sure there is a handful larger then that and nothing special would need to be done.. Just continue to do what you are doing and sooner or later the bigguns will bite... I wish you the best of luck...

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    By the way Jordan Welcome to the BOC..

6. Cat catcher10

Cat catcher10 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thanks guys.
    and by the way we have been using the cut up blue gill,and i guess its working good.and the owner of the pond does feed the fish abot 2 or 3 times a week

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Sounds like you doing everything right, keep up the good work.

8. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    welcome. if it's not broke don't fix it. sounds like your doing just fine. sometimes we fix something that's working and mess everything up. you really don't need any advice on this situation. keep it up