catfish hitting on the st joe river

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by river scum, Mar 24, 2009.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    this spring has been messed up with floods and cold fronts. the weather finally broke this last week though. went out today and stroked a few with "danny kings" punchbait. nothing big but they are definitely on the spring migration from the res. to the river. better things to come in the next few days im hoping.

2. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    When are we hitting below the dam?

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    Matt, thats up to you and the weather my friend. bring that boat down and we'll get it muddy. :0a1:

4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Glad to hear the high water and flooding has subsided and the fish are starting to bite good. Thanks for the report Tim. I am actually up in South Bend... you know, "jumping states" :smile2:

Unfortunately, I am not here to fish.

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thats too bad Marc, i hear good thing from the pink meat crowd up there! you just stay away from Georgia as long as you want and give us others a chance in the frenzy. lol

6. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That's some good news...I might try to wet a few lines here sometime this week. I'll let ya'll know how I do.

7. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    That's good to hear. Thanks for the report.

8. rollinrooster69

rollinrooster69 New Member

State:
    indiana
    tim lets hit the dam

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    just call me rooster im always ready you know that.

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    floated again today but still nothing big:sad2: found cats at just about every inside turn and eddie on the river above the reservoir. the problem is the 07-08 year class fish get there first. i managed about a doz. over 14 this being the biggest. sad, i know, but the reports will go on weather they are good or bad. lol danny king still the best bait going including fresh cut!

Attached Files:

11. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Gotta love the Danny King's! Thanks for the report Tim.

12. carp46755

carp46755 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey River Scum, You up to some fishing saturday night? Just give me a call. We will be down there around 3:30 saturday afternoon.

13. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    mike i wouldnt feel rite about taking your money brother. lol hey ring me up i have some places i caught some bigger ones that mite help you win.:wink:

14. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol alright... if'n I break down and channel cat fish on purpose... (which I might- cause I've got really bad cabin fever) I want to try some of this Danny King's stuff.... where do I find it?

15. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    gander mtn. has it..

ive bought it on ebay before too..

16. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Cabela's has it too...at least in there stores. I've never checked for it online.

17. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    contact danny king co. and see who handles it in your area? it works brother and i wouldn't lie about that! you can hardly thrash it off your hook when the day is done! just a small treble hook is all you need to present it to, dont get any simpler than that.:wink:

18. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    contact danny king co. and see who handles it in your area? it works brother and i wouldn't lie about that! you can hardly thrash it off your hook when the day is done! just a small treble hook is all you need to present it to, dont get any simpler than that.:wink: