Catfish Heaven..Muddy Creek?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ohiocattin15, Aug 10, 2008.

1. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Me and a few guys are going up to an old timer that i fish withs place he likes to call catfish heaven, he says its public water up on the very tip of sandusky bay just passed fremont called muddy creek. does anyone know anything about this place and if so, what would be some good bait options to look at, were taking 8 guys and looking to catch a lot of fish

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    never heard of it, but good luck to you

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Mudd Creek enters into Sandusky Bay at it's furthest western end just north of where the Sandusky River enters the Bay. I haven't been there for many years, but when I was there .... they caught many many Bullheads there in the spring as well as a few Channel cats. At that time worms seemed to be the best bait. State Rt. 53 crosses the Mudd Creek about half way between Port Clinton and Fremont.

I have never seen anything of a great size come from Mudd Creek, but that is not saying they aren't there .... Good Luck!

Garry-

4. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have fished there a few times, we generally use worms or some dough ball. I have seen quite a few 5-10 pounders and a few in the 15 pound range come out of there. Good luck brother

5. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    id love to get a 15 pound channel

im gonna take alot of bait even some live chubs and bluegill