Catfish Guide on Mississippi

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by dpkesler, Mar 27, 2008.

1. dpkesler

dpkesler New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Guys,

I joined up to post this message. I am from northern Illinois. I am looking for a catfish guide for the Mississippi around Alton. Does anyone know of guides in the area? I have contacted some Marina's and googled without any luck.

We have four guys dad, sons and son in law. We could bring a 19 foot 150HP bass boat so the guide would only need one boat. We just want to be shown some holes, rigging techiniques and bait. We all fish, but our catfish experience is mainly lakes for channels. My brother in law moved to the area and has always wanted to fish for cats on the Mississippi.

We would like to leave from the Illinois side because we are all IL residents. Let me know.

Thanks,

Phil

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Hey phil welcome aboard, I dont know much about the guide thing. But I do know that theres some good catfisherman in the alton area. I dont think they'll mind getting you guys out there and showing you the ropes. Alton
    is one of my favorite places to fish, and I think you guys will like it also.

There is a tourny at the Alton Marina saturday April 12th. If you can make it, You'll meet some of the guys.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    welcome I'm sure u will meet someone on here that can tell u more about the river!!!!

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Phil welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Check the BOC Guide section for the answer to your question.

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    You wont find any guides on this stretch of river that I'm aware of. However, I happen to know an entire club full of great people that would welcome you down, meet up with you and show you some techniques, launching sites, how to get bait, etc. Let us know when you are coming down, and well do our best to get a few of the brothers lined up to help you guys out. Perhaps we could even make it a dollar tourney or something. I can assure you these Gateway Guys know their catfishing as good as any guide would around these parts.

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Send "theonecatfishbob" a PM! :wink:

I know he "shows" a few people around up there once in a while!:big_smile:

And he is a pretty nice 'ol feller too!!

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC im sure there is osmoen here that will help you out

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Bill, now don't go talking nice about Bob like that.. You know that your gonna give the old fart a swelled head again..
    Phil, welcome to the BOC, it really is habbit forming...

9. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    WHEN IS THE NEXT DOLLAR TOURNEY? I HAD ALOT OF FUN CANT WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN!

I GOT SOME REDEEMING TO DO!!
    OR SHOULD I SAY REDREAMING TO DO:eek:oooh:

10. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Thats a good question Jason. With this spring fishoff going on we should get alot of people in on those dollar tournys. I'll bring it up at the meeting