Catfish Gold Refund

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dominoman, May 23, 2008.

1. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Well after going round and round with unanswered emails, phone calls and letters, I filed a complaint with the Oklahoma Attorney Generals Consumer Complaints. Today in the mail a check for a refund arrived and a letter that said they would not be publishing the magazine. They did deduct for one issue. Well the big question now is the check going to be any good?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Its sad you had to go to such detail to get the refund. It would be interesting to know the letterhead on the refund check or the signature. Most of us would not want to be hooked by the same people in the future. Thanks.

3. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    To answer the ? Mickey put up, the letterhead on the check is Danny King's Catfish Punch Bait LLC, 448 Fore St. Healdton OK, 73438. The address on the letter is same name, with address 948 County Road 94, Celina, TX 75009.

By the way, I donated all the DK punch bait I had to may garbage men.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    WOW. THATS A BAD DEAL.:eek:oooh:THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP. KNOW WHERE MY $ WONT GO.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    You will be lucky if the check clears, from what I've heard their employee checks have been known to have a little bounce to them. Danny King in my opinion is a great guy and a great fisherman but ever since he sold the company and Richard has taken over he not only got over his head with the magazine but has also changed the way the bait is made and it is not nearly as good of a bait as it used to be. Theres a lot I could say but will leave it at that, just hate to see Danny's name being dragged into a lot of this when he has not had control of it for a long time.