Catfish gatherings

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mrs Okie, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    I have read on some of the BOC threads about these catfish gatherings. Is there one in the Alton/STL area?

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    not that I know of. The missouri gathering this year was down at Truman Dam in Warsaw, MO. There are some illinois gatherings and I think they take place around carlyle Lake.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    There are three Gathering in Illinois. Thay have all taking place at this time. There is the Catstock Gathering, The Rend Lake Gathering and Cat Camp. I hope you can make one or all of them next year.

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Be forewarned!
    Gatherings are highly addictive!
    It is great to meet up with folks you know only from the BOC threads. I usually go to Catstock (Lake Carlyle), but haven't been able to the last couple of years. I did make the Truman (Warsaw) this year though. Several Gateway members made it there this time. It was last May.
    Gatherings consist of eating, visiting, eating, visiting, eating, a group get together for giveaways & such, eating and sometimes but not always, we fish. Did I mention we eat a lot?:wink:

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Kutter at least you did mention fishing ,along with all the EATING AN BSing . I can hardy wait for the N.C. gathering in Oct :wink::smile2:

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I wish I could go to that Gathering too. If for no other reason than to get a hug from Catgirl.:wink:

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Come on over bro, but be forewarned. DeerHunter01 said when I hugged Catfish_Commando at National '06, it looked like a flathead crushing a bluegill :smile2:. Not sure how it felt from the Commando's point of view; last I checked I was a wittle fish compared to him. :wink:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Mrs Okie, there is possibly a small campout/get-together around Columbia, MO on (I think) the weekend of Sept 18th. at Catfish Katy's on the Missouri River.

This is of course not a big gathering but should be fun if even only a few folks show up. Not sure if I can make it though as I am returning from Oklahoma that day from a work trip. Not sure if momma wants me to roll in and hook up the boat and blow back out of town.:smile2: Maybe I can talk her into going camping again.:wink:

There is a thread started on it in the Missouri section called What do you think?

9. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    Thanks, Skip. Will get the damn Okie to check it out. I am ready for a road trip. How is the weather in Oklahoma? I hear lots of nice folks live in Oklahoma.:wink:

10. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I haven't left yet, only a week and a half trip.

As far as the weather????? I hear it's WINDY!!!!:smile2:

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Now WHERE in the world did you hear somethin' like that Darryl? :eek:oooh:

[youtubevid]4pbqGsS5iB4[/youtubevid]

[youtubevid]hpNeHMlJiD4[/youtubevid]

12. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO

They had a few troublemakers but I heard they kicked them out.:wink:

13. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois

Nope, didn't kick them out.....They still let us keep a home there so we can pay them some taxes. They probably do like it that we are gone from there so much.

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Tell her I promise not to be there. She wasn't very happy last time. I don't know why? It wasn't me that left the tent windows open right above the sleeping bags. She knew I was going to be there!!! Geez, folks, take some precautions. Raingear is nice but for heavens sake, close the tent flaps & put the rain fly on!:wink:

Oh, I may not be able to get on for a couple of days, so allow me to wish you a Happy Birthday now.

15. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo

I checked out Catfish Katys web site Mrs OKie and it looks to be a great camping area! I would love to make it to the gathering if nothing else to just take girls camping. But we will have to see.