???? - Catfish full of eggs

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by hillbillywilly, Sep 3, 2008.

1. hillbillywilly

hillbillywilly New Member

State:
    Burnettsville, Indiana
    My Brothers friend the last few nights have been catching quite a few cats on the wabash the only thing is they have all been full of eggs!!! Said he has been catching them in 8 to 10 inches of water. Wondering if any one else has seen any of this????

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ??? is right... thats strange

3. hillbillywilly

hillbillywilly New Member

State:
    Burnettsville, Indiana
    And to top that off my neighbor has killed two red squirrels that still had babies in them and another that was really full of milk. This last winter stretched so long wonder if it threw everything out of wack!!!:eek:oooh: I never did any good fishing this year except for bluegills but at least the kids had fun.

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I dunno man... I've got this huge manolia tree in my front yard... blooms only for two weeks in the EARLY spring... it bloomed twice last year, the second time was mid August drought.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    We've discussed this before. Quite a few of us have caught cats late in the summer with eggs in them. Unfortunately, no one has had the answer to why this is. Hopefully, someday, we'll have a fisheries biologist join up and give us the answer.

6. lfeduccia

lfeduccia New Member

State:
    indiana
    I mat be wrong but I have heard that if some fish do not find a mate they well hold on to their eggs untill they do and when it becomes to late for them to find one they have trouble letting them go so well keep hold them. For how long I do not know. Just maybe flatties do the same.