Catfish frenzy!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jerellman, Jul 21, 2006.

1. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
  2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

A guy i work with has a stocked pond that is about three years old that no one has fished yet. I have ssen his pond when he feeds his fish and its a blitz. Now he has asked me to come fish it since no one in his family does since his son and grand kids got transferred out of state. I am looking foward to fishing his pond.

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    My dad has 3 stock ponds mainly just for his cows but we fish Lake Monticello alot which is a coolant lake for the power plant there that burns coal the lake is just packed full of eater size channel cats i think the longest time we have ever spent there fishing tell we got our limit would prob be no more than 4 hours the only thing is the fish have a weird taste thats pretty strong we take all our catch and release them into the stock tanks and man if you toss out some food the water comes alive its not even a challenge to catch one when they are feeding like that i like to take a ultra light rig that i would use for catching bream and have full all day they get used to being fed at the same time and will be at the top of the water before u walk to the end of the dock

4. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Thats pretty cool, looks like all the koi coming up to feed in the big ponds.

5. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah, thats pretty cool. My father enlaw has a stocked pond that he feeds every day. Its pretty cool when all the channel come up. They basically knaw on the surface of the water sucking up as much food as possible. And when one of the big ones get spooked you know it. They thrash the surface like you wouldnt believe. Cool stuff.

6. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Cool clip, thanx for posting!

7. arync

arync New Member

State:
    virginia
    what are you feeding them?