Catfish for catfishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by slowjamcdub, Nov 10, 2008.

1. slowjamcdub

slowjamcdub New Member

State:
    kentucky
    :crazy: hEY GUYS, GET THIS I HAVE A FRIEND WHO USES CATFISH TO FISH FOR CATFISH! YEA HE USES CATFISH FOR BAIT! HE CLAIMS HE GETS THEM ALL SIZES ON IT AND THAT THEY LOVE IT! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK:smile2: IS THIS TRUE? CAN YOU CATFISH WITH CATFISH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!:tounge_out:

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    they will eat each other

3. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have caught a lot of flatheads and a few good sized channels using live yellowbellies. I also have a lot of luck using catfish guts to catch channels.

4. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I have caught flathead using channel cat heads. I can't admit to more being the state I live in but the answer to your question is yes. The real thing behind it is this. small catfish are almost always in schools. If you are catching a bunch of baby catfish you can bet there is something around eating up the slow ones!

5. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    some of my biggest cats are caught on cats. I leave my jugs over night and often find small cats inside the biguns. my most memorable was a 38 flat with a 6 blue in his belly with the tail sticking out his mouth.

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I know a guy that fishes trot lines and does quite well; uses the belly meat from his catch for bait.

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I use live bullheads and live channel cats. I have tried live blues but no luck. I caught a 4lb flathead the other day on a 1/2lb live channel cat. I do cut the thorns off and sometimes cut the tail to mae them bleed.

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    yep,i like fishing with yellow bellies,about 6-8 inches long,big flats love em.