Catfish Food and Alfalfa Pellets as Chum

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by DemolitionMan, Jun 29, 2007.

1. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Has anyone ever tried this one...I bought a bag of "sinking" catfish food and a bag of Alfalfa Pellets...I'm gonna fix me up a batch of 50/50 with yeast/beer and maybe some anise seeds...Let it sit for a while and see what happens.....Dwight

2. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    never heard of doing that but sounds like a good Idea...

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dwight sounds like a good idea. Give it a try and update us on the results. Chum about three different areas of your lake to give it a fair try.:smile2:

4. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Thanks Mickey, I got about a hundred lbs total, so I don't know but what I might just put about 25lb out and let it sit and see what it brings in...I'm planning on doing the "souring" thing with the yeast and the beer...Maybe a handful of anise seed to make it smell better.....Let that sit a few days and try it out.....Dwight

5. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Well, it won't work around Mother's house on the fermenting end of it....She made me "ditch" the mix with the yeast/beer thing....Said it smelled too bad....I didn't have much luck with any dumped in a minnow trap on the old river either.....Maybe I should mix me up some at the river and leave it there....lol.....Back to the drawing board, mickey....Dwight

6. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Ok Mickey, I'm back in the fermenting buisness again....Something been stinking in my crown victoria for a week or longer....I finally found what it was...The catfish/alfalfa feed I had mixed up and put some of it aside(in a cooler in my truck), and forgot about it....I won't repeat the words my 83 yr old mother used when I opened the cooler, but it wasn't very proper.....I'm trying it out this wkend....Dwight