Catfish Fillets for bait

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Cathunter Pete, May 29, 2008.

1. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    Has anybody had any luck using catfish fillets as cut bait in the Cape Fear River? Also is anybody fishing the tournament going out of Riverside tomarrow night?

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Pete, I don't fish the Cape Fear, but we have been using catfish filets for several years now on Lake Norman. Live cut cats work better than frozen ones.

3. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Mac when you say live cut cats ....do you mean cuttin off the barbs and fishin w/ em or cut like fillets? A lil help?

4. shrewboy

shrewboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Use small fresh caught cats and cut them into fillets.

5. buckshot1

buckshot1 New Member

State:
    reidsville n.c.
    shrewboy are you using channel cat for bait to catch blues or flatties thanks buckshot

6. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    do you all use only channel cat fillets or will blue cat fillets work? I thank all of you for your input. Is anybody fishing the tournament 5/30 going out of riverside?

7. shrewboy

shrewboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I've caught blues, channels and white cats on catfish fillets. Depending on what size of bait the fish are biting on, I cut the fillets into strips of 4-8 inches long and tapper the end of the bait so it will wiggle like a bait fish tail while difting.