Catfish fever...

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by john103, Dec 16, 2007.

1. john103

john103 New Member

State:
    illinois
    New to this site, recommended by my friend gofish_tony..
    I have to give all my catfish fever to him. This was the first summer in 40+ years that i ever fished for catfish and what an experience i had. At the beginning of summer i would of never heard of it. Totally bass man, And after going with him up to the rock river with Tony and Chris , i was converted for ever. Although I must admit the biggest one i got was an 8 lb'er. But I've heard there are some big ones out there. So here I am trying to learn anything I can about these good ole' cats. Feel free to give me any tips or pointers fishing for cats. Thank you all for your time reading this.

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Welcome to the BOC! You'll love it here.

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    You are welcome to pick my brain... but I think I am better at bait catching. :big_smile:

Only 1 season under my belt of really going for cats. Biggest so far was a 12lber blue and 11 channel i believe they were.

Bigger comes with experience from my understanding. :wink:

5. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I can verify that Brian is an expert bait catcher :wink::smile2:

Brian, you will top your PB's next year I'm sure. Hopefully we can hook into some big flatheads soon.

6. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    Welcome to the BOC you,ll love it

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Know what sucks? I have all my hooks snelled... drift sinkers rigged... everything packed and ready... and we have months until a real fishing time again. Oh this winter will last forever!

It is so bad.. I have over 2 dozen #8 aberdeen thin wire hooks for blue gill even snelled. 24 jugs made and rigged for launching also.

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Welcome Jon, glad ya found out how much fun it is..... There is plenty of ideas and info to read thats for sure!
    Randy

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I ain't sure you'll learn anything going with gofish_tony:smile2:
    but it's a cinch I can't teach ya anything...:embarassed: but collectively, the BOC has the most accurate catfishing info on the web...Welcome aboard...

10. FishinPhil

FishinPhil New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome Jon,

I'm new here too, and these guys have given me the fever too! LOL! :smile2:

11. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, ya know what they say... starve a cold, feed a fever...:wink: Welcome aboard Phil...

12. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Welcome aboard, I've never fished the Rock river, its to far north, but I hear there are some dandy flatheads in it. Put on a big livebait, fish structure and you will beat your PB this year.

13. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Thanks everybody for welcoming Jon to our family. Jon's a good guy and always eager to get out there and fish any chance he can.

As far as learning goes... I have yet to find ANYBODY here on the BOC that couldn't teach me SOMETHING (only one that comes close to that is Jeb.)
    :roll_eyes: :smile2: :wink:

Thanks for signing up Jon, and get ready to have a ball!!

Tony

14. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Welcome.. Always good to have more IL boyz on :wink:

15. john103

john103 New Member

State:
    illinois
    This link was very helpful. alot of things covered. Thank you for posting it.

16. john103

john103 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I am blown away with all this info and stuff on here. I've spent the last 2 hrs just reading up and I am soo pumped up. LOL,,Where's my fishing pole, you guys ready to go?

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jon Welcome to the BOC.You will love this great family. Lots of info to be read. Be sure and check out the BOC library.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

18. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    welcome to the b.o.c., sounds like you have caught the kitty bug:smile2: there is no known cure for this, the only thing that will ease the pain is to get out there & get after them. we will help you all we can. im in hope the info. here can help you as much as it has for me. rusty

19. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il

Im new also. Ive been reading so much stuff my eyes are starting to dry out on me!

20. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Welcome aboard Calvin!

All of us were new here once. Won't take long and you will feel right at home here.

Tony

_