Catfish Fever

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by mandingo, Mar 30, 2006.

1. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    does anyone elses blood get pumping when you get some good heavy rains and then you start imagining what lake or what river you should head to?or am i just a weirdo?i love fishin the delaware or the waki and the dragoon right after we get some good storms with heavy rains.fish go nuts for that fresh water!where does everyone else like to fish after a good rain?

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hey Bro ya ain't no weirdo man, it's in our boold dude. We haven't seen rain in months here in Texas and the water was gettin' real low, than we got 1" and then 7" the next day. I was goin' nuts wantin' to be the first one out there on that new spot that has been out of the water for so long.

I don't fish rivers cause none are near that are clean enough, but I love to fish Lake Tawakoni and Lake Fork.

3. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    we just got some good rain in topeka today,not sure how much but im guessin bout 3 in. or so but my boss always gives me the weirdest look whenever it stormin its ass off and i want to leave work to go sit in an aluminum boat.:happy:

4. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    i think were alll weird we go crazy when we cant go fishing think about fishing and when were fishing right before we pack up we have that idea well maybe if we stay just 5 more mins, just makes sence we are fishermen and we love it, its a drug and were addicted lol

5. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Well just the mention of fishing to my wife and she gets as bad as me about getting out there and trying to catch that big one. Sometimes I think she is more addicted than me. She has yet to really hook into that big monster cat that she has been yearning for.
    When she catches a fish, she gets more excited than anyone I've ever seen and it doesn't matter how big it is and when she gets it in the boat she gives it a bigg ole kiss and tells it to go get momma cat or daddy cat to come bite her line, bless her heart, I just love to watch her, she gets me excited for her.

6. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Im exactly the same way, so either you aren't a weirdo, or we are weirdos together. I actually start to get a bit giddy and excited when it rains really hard. My parents find it some what annoying lol. But you are right, the fish do seem to like the rain a lot. Caught my biggest channel cat after a hard rain the night before. They were just hammering our baits.

7. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I headed out and to my surprise nothing. I barely got a bite. Two tiny crappie and no cats. I am going again today. I think that cold rain pushed em deep.

8. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Im not sure what you had going out there, but up here the rain was at least 60 degrees. I think it warmed it up up here, and now I am doing well at my little creek. I think maybe you should head up more northeast ;)