Catfish Fever to the rescue

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mandingo, Jul 17, 2006.

1. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    well,last weekend my girlfriend and i decided to bare the scorching heat and go camping at milford.we got there on friday and by sunday she was ready to leave and i ended up staying there another night to do some more night fishin.i caught some decent cats3-7lb range friday and saturday nights drifting.sunday night i ended up hooking up with Jim Leonard(Catfish Fever) and Jerald Jenson(Catfish Quiver) to do some drifting down on the north end of the lake.the night was going fine.the night was going fine.the wind was not blowing too hard,the fish were biting and the beer was going down smooth.:smile2: we were drifting about a couple hundred yards away from each other and i had a couple channel and a blue in the livewell on my first drift.during my second drift,Jim and Jerald pull up to tell me that gerald just landed a 30+blue!that got my blood pumpin.i can only imagine how gerald felt.they ended up making another drift and about a half hour later i reel in my poles to do the same.the wind has picked up a little to about 15-20mph so i take off full blast towards the middle when my motor boggs out and starts making a knocking noise and then dies and will not start again.now here i am at 1 in the morning stranded in the middle of milford about 7 miles away from the state park where my truck and trailer was with only 1 beer left.:angry: i could see jim and gerald off in the distance and had no other choice but to call jim to tow me to a boat ramp.jim ended up giving me a ride to my truck while jerald stayed at the ramp with our boats.i got my boat back on my trailer and everything was all good.although it was a shi**y way to meet jim and jerald for the first time but i was glad to know that they were stand up guys and would not leave a fellow catfisherman out to dry.if anyone else ever has the opritunity to meet this duo,do so.they know that lake like the back of their hands and are willing to share some info.(just be sure to bring lots of old milwaukee)my thanks and appreciation goes out to jim and jerald for helping me out big time!thanks guys-caleb

2. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Caleb, you're more than welcome, I'm just glad we were still there to get you back in, enjoyed meeting you and your company on the way to your truck, and HEY, that was not Old Milwaukee I gave you, Keystone light, :lol:
    Did you find out what was wrong with your motor yet? Let me know if you'll be back next Saturday, if you will, bring a 128mb SD card and I'll load the lake features on it for you.

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    That is what its all about. Helping each other. Thanks from me as I have been stranded before on a large lake.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Those are 2 great members that you got to fish with right there brother. Congrats on meeting some of the BOC's finest. Glad ya got to catch some fish.

5. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    hey jim get ready to laugh...the fuel line came unplugged:lol: got lucky on that one!my mechanic also said when the BRO pump stops getting fuel,it will make a loud knocking sound so that explains that.and yes i am still planning to come back out saturday.i will give you a call for directions.oh yeah,im sorry for degrading your beer,i thought that was the best old milwaukee i ever had.that keystone is not too bad:big_smile: .

6. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Jim is a Gem, thats for sure.

7. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Leonard, Matt and Chris, thank you.

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Caleb, I'll be waiting to hear from you, next weekend's not looking to bad weather wise, but the lake's still falling, more that a foot below conservation, that 2 feet it's dropped in less than a week, hope it don't mess up your fishing. Don't forget your SD card, I've got the info(Milford Lake features) on my PC, all I'll have to do it put it on the card. We'll try my card in your GPS first though, make sure it works, don't know why it shouldn't though.

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Finally got to meet up with Kyle (Breadboy) today, in person. Jerald and I returned from our CCH meeting and went down to the boatramp, as usual, and lo and behold, there was Kyle and his Dad, they were loading up their fishing rig, and a great looking one it is. Here's a pic of Kyle, he was kind of stunned when I said, is your name Kyle?:eek:oooh: , then told him who we were.

Attached Files:

10. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Here's a pic of Caleb (Mandingo) on the lake in his rig that fateful evening, another one I couldn't post. He thinks he fooled us, but he didn't, I know he was just trying to conserve his fuel supply for next weeks fishing tournament.:big_smile_2: ahhh, you know I'm just Kidding. Did you ever find out what that nut and bolt was from, Or was that the connection? Glad to hear it wasn't anything serious though. See you saturday.

Attached Files:

11. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    LOL.ive gotta save all the gas i can with these prices:lol: the mechanic said whoever worked on it before probably dropped it and couldnt reach it so he replaced it.there was no connection to what happened.now that broken plastic piece on the other hand went to the carb which explained the idle.but all in all,the boat is up and running and will see ya saturday

12. Catfish Quiver

Catfish Quiver Member

State:
    Ks, w, edg
    Its good to hear you are back in action without any major repairs. Good luck in the tourny.

13. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    thanks Jerald,i was totally expecting an outrageous repair bill.im hopin to fill the boat with some blues like in your pic.:smile2:

14. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

nothing bigger than the BOC family one brother helping out another.

15. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    ive got to fish with a few boc member myself catsalot and bigkat ,teamcatter to name a few and i have to say i injoyed fishing with all of them good bunch of people

16. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Caleb, glad every thing worked out good for you and no major expenses involved. You might catch two BlueCats up there now, check the next post.

17. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Jerald did me in again tonight. We drifted about 4 hours, had to little nabbles, then he pulled in another good'un, it was ONLY 28lbs this time though:lol: I'll have some pictures up later today if he doesn't beat me to it. Yep, CPR'd, and tagged too.

18. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    what kind of rods do u use?

19. Catfish Quiver

Catfish Quiver Member

State:
    Ks, w, edg
    Christopher I use 8ft water eagles (eagle claw) with penn reels. They have performed ok for me.

20. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Reckon I missed this, But what little I know about Jim, He is definately a Stand Up Guy............