Catfish Dynamite, anyone succesful using it?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Langerock, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Langerock

Langerock New Member

State:
    Modesto, CA
    I just bought a cup of it at walmart, and had trouble using it, I put it in an old piece of cloth, but got no bites.
    I'm fishing in ripon river and dry creek in modesto.
    Any tips on how to get it in the water without it washing off?
    Thanks.
    Oh it is cheese flavor.

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Ya don't buy anymore it's junk like 95% of the catfish bait wal-mart sales. Get yourself a can of Danny kings catfish bait and all your troubles will be over. And it wont wash off or can off when you cast out great stuff.

3. catd11rnky

catd11rnky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hogwild that walmart sales is some good stuff also

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    You may what to get yourself some "Looper Rigs". They will hole your bait on alot better. You can get them from the From the "Catfish Connection" or you can get some for the Looper Rig web-site by just chicking ot the the name Looper Rigs on the right side of the montior (Sponsor List). :)
    :0a26:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

5. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Tried it, not a single bite. Went back to live bait and caught a bunch. Including 3 real nice crappie.

6. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    last year i saw shaw grigby usin that catfish dynamite paste in a tube n was lookin pretty successful catchin 2-5 lb channels. bought me some and some of those treble hooks with the plastic bubble on em. first thing i noticed was i couldnt get any paste out of the tube until i squeezed with both hands n the tube popped n got the stuff all over me. I wrote an email to strike king complaining n their pub relations dept. sent me a whole box of the different flavored tube baits and hooks. never got many bites with it. lol, i saw the error of my ways n am stickin to danny kings. lol, i still got a whole drawer full of catfish dynamite tubes and hooks. at least ill get use outta the hooks.
    BTW, i take lil stock in what pro fisherman use on tv anymore! they are making money promoting that crap, n i'll bet when they make those shows promoting stuff like catfish dynamite, they are setup over a baited hole where just about any bait would work.

7. Langerock

Langerock New Member

State:
    Modesto, CA
    Thanks alot, I will look into that danny kings stuff.

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Saw a fishin show and they were using the dynamite, up in Canada on the Red river. I'm usin Danny Kings...

9. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    You got it. When those guys start promoting they go where the fish haven't been fed for a few days. They would BITE on old (chock) blackboard erasers. The best one I ever saw was the bag of ???? looked like pieces of hot dog. Never tried it but sure enjoyed some of the stories of them that did.
    Blood for those in the mud!
    Don

To the world you may be just a person but to a person you may be the whole world.

10. Langerock

Langerock New Member

State:
    Modesto, CA
    Yeah I saw that video too, that's why I bought it.
    But then I realized that everyfishing show is plugged, and every lure the use is the best in the world:rolleyes: .

11. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

If you are looking for dip-baits, try Sonny's original or blood, or try Junnie's Cat Tracker dip baits, the sewer bait is, well, odoriferous...LOL!!!!

Ray

12. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Im glad to see someone did uncover what they do when showing a new lure or a new bait.

They do this in many types of ways. alot of times they will pay people like you and me to try it in a area they have just stocked so that the bait for sure don't make them look bad. then they get the people to do a on air public review of the bait of how well it worked for them.

Don't always go for what you see go for what is proved to you. i use to do big time fishing and i know how they do and how it works.

And alot of the shows are edited to short up the time between catches but they make it look as if you get one after another not true. if might take them all day just to catch five fish onit but when they edited the video they make it look as if it's just afew mins.

Thats to grab the eye of the ones who love to fish and try new things. the baits that you are best using are the baits that are by people who do not brag about there bait. when they brag about there bait and what it can do look out.

Danny kings is a good bait to use.

Docs catfish bait is a good bait to use.

Along with afew others.

Thats the only honest fish catching bait you will find.

And im glad to say we have the sponsors of the only honest bait makers.

So want a honest fish catching bait click on a link to the right.

13. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have tried it, but just got nibbles and not hooksets. I like it to cover my liver for some extra sent trail. I kneed the tube before I open it. Still the stuff doesnt come out well.

14. Langerock

Langerock New Member

State:
    Modesto, CA
    I was going to try some magic bait chicken liver and blood today, but my dog and her puppies ate it.:(.

15. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    dont waste your time and money,i bought some and am 0 for 4 with it.Ive had one nibble on it and that was it.so either the water is still to cool or it just pain dosent work.At least the dogs liked it;)

16. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ

I have Excellent Success with both kinds specail at local uban lakes

17. Addicted2Cats

Addicted2Cats New Member

State:
    West Chester, Ohio
    I saw a show where they were using dynamight in those treble hooks with the mesh bag to hold the paste. And they were catching big blues. I might consider using that stuff for channels and maby carp, but for big blues I'll stick to live and cut bait! I would hope that they were honest on the good ol' american fishing show, but after that, I dont know anymore.

18. jugfisher

jugfisher Member

State:
    kentucky
    Name:
    Clint Howard
    i know this is an old post, but in my area, catfish dynamite is spectacular this time of the year. i always use the blood flavor. i caught 5 channels and 5 blues this morning in the green river ranging from 1-5#s. I would like to try the secret 7 since i have read such great reviews. i do agree that most baits sold at walmart are junk but IMO the dynamite is dynamite. look at my album, all the pics of channels were caught using it. :cool2:

19. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    If that catfish dynamite is working for you, go for it. I know that stuff is very available as walmart's are available in about every town.
    But.........if you want to put a little effort (and it will pay off) then order some Secret 7 from Team Catfish (BOC Sponsor). That is one heck of a dip bait. The "furry thang" is a good dip bait holder as well.
    Good luck blowing the catfish out of the water with that dynamite, but the secret is out.......secret 7 works great.

20. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    :big_smile:SECRET 7:big_smile: for your eater channels. Wal Mart blows.