Catfish dinners in Colfax Indiana

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Brutom, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Brutom

Brutom New Member

State:
    Cumberland Indiana
    I'd imagine some of you remember the place that used to be there and how they used to really pack 'em in, especially on weekends. We'd wait most of an hour to get in there usually. It was called "Millers".
    A bit of a drive from eastside of Indianapolis to get there, but well worth the trip.
    Many great meals and good memories.
    I sure do miss that place.

Do you know of similar resteraunts still around in Indiana?

2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Millcreek in stilesville used to have great catfish. I think htier still open. there on 40 west of indy about 15 miles. Has anyone been there lately?

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have eaten there many times. I didn't know it was no longer there, I haven't been up there for many years. Had family in Lebanon that now lives in florida.

It was one of the best restaurants in the world and I have traveled the world.

4. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    I loved Miller's. Didn't they have a fire?

5. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    How about the Waverly Inn? They used to have really great catfish dinners.

6. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The Waverly Inn is a great place. My favorite is Frank & Mary's in Pittsboro.

7. Brutom

Brutom New Member

State:
    Cumberland Indiana
    Several years ago my Dad told me that he'd gone to the Waverly Inn, and that it was pretty good, but not as good as Colfax.
    Frank and Mary's I'll have to check-out sometime. I remember that Jeff Gordon recalled it as being one of his favorites from the time when he was living there in Pittsboro.