Catfish depth tip

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kingdawes, Sep 10, 2007.

1. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I learned a neat little trick on figuring out how deep to fish when fishing farm ponds or small lakes. When you see a catfish roll when he goes back down count the seconds between then and when you see the bubbles come up. The general rule is a foot a second. This will give you a general idea of how deep to fish. Probably within a few feet or so.
    Just thought I would give back I bit

2. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Yeah I'll have to remember that too. One or the other should work. It's amazing what them old guys know.

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    LOL, you know that just got me to thinking, one day at the pond my little girl and myself are out in the boat just trolling around not really fishing for anything she was in deep thought for a 7 year old, so I asked what she was thinking about, she tells me the fish right there(pointing at the water) OH, you can see them can ya?, well I see their bubbles she tells me. So we go a bit more and I hear there is another one dad, look over at the bubbles and laugh, then some more bubbles come up and she says look dad more fish toots, I am laughing at the statement, she tells me stop here, Why I ask, because there is a fish down there, she tells me, see their toots, drops down a night crawler and I guess 5 minutes wham, nothing big, maybe 1# channel, really didn't think much of it until about the 3rd time! so there may just be something to this, I just wrote it off as luck ya know :roll_eyes: but to this day she say, just look for the toots dad thats where they are at......:smile2:
    I am gonna have to let her read your post tomorrow on this, I'll never hear the end of it now....:big_smile: Thanks Fella's brought back a great memory! Sorry for the long post.

4. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    that is a good story. Nice to share experiences like that with family. She is wise well beyond her years.How's that for life, the youngs ones and the old ones all know more than us here in the middle.