catfish cure for getting horned

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by brian alexander, Apr 28, 2009.

1. brian alexander

brian alexander New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    wise old man told me if you get horned by catfish ,rub the sore spot on the belly of the catfish and it will take soreness out. It did work

2. payton350

payton350 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That sucks when that happens but that is part of cattin, thanks for the remedy.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yes it does and them baby's smart when they get ya dont they(LOL) Good post to fer anyone that dont know:cool2:

4. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    if you think these cats here hurt get finned by a hard head thats a salt water catfish man they hurt bad :sad2:

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Just Pee on it works every time.
    Pete

6. onecrazy88fan

onecrazy88fan New Member

State:
    NC
    Heck, it only takes getting finned once to learn that lesson. My dad taught me how to grab those suckers to avoid that problem. Under the belly with your thumb behind one side fin and index finger behind the other. Works well with the smaller ones, but not so much with the bigger cats. With the big ones, I just put on my two dollar catfish gloves from Wal-Mart and grab'em by the mouth. :smile2:

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    No thanks ill just let it hurt thank you very much.Heck i get peed on enough as it is i dont need any more excuses to.:wink:

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    It works been using that to take care of the pain and keep it from making a bad sore for years. Even my great Grand paw did that.
    Pete

9. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Hey Pete, was it you hand or your great grand pa's hand that got the remedy applied to it ???:smile2:

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Pete no offence but I dont want to shake yer hand (LOL):smile2:

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Both it works. We cleaned hundreds of pounds of fish a day and your going to get that one fish that sticks you. May not sound great, but sure works.
    As for shaking hands. Shoot you wash them later on its not like you leave it on there for weeks LOL
    Pete

12. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    After all, what would be least infectious anyway...that, or catfish belly slime? Sounds like a close competition, if you ask me! :eek:oooh::tounge_out:

13. spawnallica

spawnallica New Member

State:
    Texas
    LMAO!!!

14. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    I went to throw back a gar about 3 pounds last year and as I went to let him go he shook violently out of my hand..each tooth of that fish cut my palm as he splashed back into the water..I have used a catfish to stop the pain of getting barbed so I tried it on my hand..within a few seconds my hand stopped bleeding and the pain was completly gone. While waiting for the fish to bite I counted over 50 cuts on my hand from those teeth. Would have got blood all over my pants if I tried Shiloh Red's treatment!.. And what if you just went to the bathroom? Should we start saving a cup or two?:confused2:

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pete would you suggest doing that on an electric fence?:smile2:

16. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    lol,lol,lol.:haha::smile2: hey, after all why would a person want to go through life and not try that ?:wink::wink:

17. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    LOL i dont think ill be letting our brother pete eat out of my bag of chips anytime soon thats for sure.:wink::smile2:

18. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Well i guess you better call me.... Ol Pee Pee.... lol ....Cause if a cat put's the barb's in me ..I'am going to do what ever it take's to relive my self lmoa:eek:oooh:

19. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Always keep a cup of pee in your first aid box just in case!

20. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    i guess you would be reliving yourself more then one way huh? kind of killing two birds with one stone.lol