Catfish Connection

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by JReed, Feb 4, 2006.

1. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
    Has anyone ever got the big bucket of cheese scraps from them before? I think it is like 30lbs. I was thinking of getting one and mixing up some of my own punch bait this season.

2. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I have. If you are wanting to make your own it will work. Man it stinks. It makes a good base to start with.
    Good luck

3. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
    Thanks Bear. Did you have to let it sit out and soften before mixing or was it already soft? I was thinking of mixing in some chitlens, liver and shad, maybe a few cattails to thicken. What ya think?

4. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    I have not used that from Catfish Connection. I have bought the same kind of thing from Memphis Net and Twine. The first bucket I got was a lot better than the last one. This works good for making bait. Another thing to try is the Big cans of Nacho Cheese at Walmart These run about $5. These are easy to mix. I also just use any of the shreaded cheese that we have go out of date. I gather cattail heads in August and store them in paper feed sacks. Be sure to use the paper ones or they will mold. Mix equal parts of Beef Suet ground with 3/8" plate, Cheese and Bait Shrimp. Mix the cattails until it gets pretty dry. Set out in the sun for a couple of weeks in August or better yet let it Age for a year. Try it you will like it.