Catfish Connection

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by bowfin, Mar 10, 2007.

1. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Made my small order tonight my order has a couple of thangs you need to catfish with. 100 treble hooks Size 4,100 green Glowsticks.wing-it Bobber stops.round beads.1wild wolf Kat Bobber.50 Eagieclaw King KAHLE 8/0 25 no roll sinkers 3 oz .25 no roll sinkers 1oz 20LUCKY-7 tube worms. I hope it last me a wile.

2. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Yeah that should last a few days LOL
    Its easy ordering with a credit card huh ?

3. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    That should last for at least a little while lol.

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    That should last a while.... You guys do know that Catfish Connection isn't one of our sponsors anymore... They bailed out.. Most of us aren't buying anything from them anymore..

5. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Its the best place I have found to get my fishing stuff.Is there another web site.

6. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Prices are too good for me to protest.

7. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    These guys just really pissed me off!

I ordered 36 of the 10/0 treble hooks from them 2 weeks ago & when I got the confirmation e-mail the total was only around $6.00 so I e-mailed them and said my total should be X & you only billed me for Y what happened?
    The guy (John)gets back to me and said that I must've hit the send button twice and that it was no big deal and that he would send my hooks out that day.

Well, 2 weeks go by so I e-mailed him back to say that I had not yet recieved my order. The next day I got a message on my answering machine from Stacy saying that there was no record of my order and that the hooks I wanted were out of stock and might be back in next week. (Next week?! I need those hooks because snagging season opens next Thursday! )

I called and talked to Stacy and she said there was no order in the system except for a previous order from a year ago and that John had seen it and didn't look at the date on it when he told me he was shipping it.
    My response then was So you're telling me I'm out of luck because you guys didn't do your job properly?!

She then tried to sell me 9/0 hooks. I told her that I didn't want 9/0's but would accept them if she would send them for free to make up for "their" mistake. I don't think that was out of the question, but she said she couldn't do that.
    I then asked her to discuss it with a supervisor. She puts me on hold and comes back a few minutes later saying that they could not do it because they were in the buisiness to make money.
    Can you believe that answer?!

I asked her if she could send me some brand name hooks instead of the cheaper imports that I had ordered. But they evidently don't carry the 10/0's in other brands.
    So I asked her how quickly she could get the hooks to me and her reply was maybe 1 week or maybe 3 weeks; unless they are backordered.
    At this point I told her to forget it and that i'd get my hooks somewhere else and hung up on her.

I'll never order anything from them again and now I see why the BOC dropped them as a sponser! I nearly told her that, but thought better of it.

Does anyone know of a good source of 10/0 trebels?

Eric

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Sad to see that... So anyplace the Ponies up the money to sponsor then for whatever reason, can't or won't next time it comes to pay the bills, they get boycotted??? Seems kinda harsh to me :eek:oooh:

I do not know any of the details on why they stopped, but I'm grateful for the time that they did. I don't see ******* listed anymore, so, you think people should boycott him as well????

Edit Note: I removed the name to not single any place out....

9. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well put! I don't know why they are not a sponser anymore, and I'm sure nobody else does either. Might be a financial crunch for them like everyone else in the country! Who knows. I just know I've not had any problems with them myself yet.

10. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I got my order in three days my fishing partnerhas made a couple of orders and got his in three days.You will never make everybody happy but I dont know another place that has all the tackle that I need in one place and for a good price.I hope they come back to the BOC .

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well stated David.I get a lot of supplies from Catfish Connection and they have served me well withoout any shortages or any problems. I appreciate the fact that they once was a sponcer of the BOC and would like to see that again. Maybe with a little encouragement from the BOC, when we order, they might re consider.:lol: :big_smile:

12. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have never had any problems with them either, always good prices and fast shippments. My question is if you got an E-mail confirming your order what did they say when you e-mailed that copy to them? Or did you not give them a copy?