Catfish Connection?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SeedTick, Jun 23, 2006.

1. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Ya'll, I needed to order some stuff last week and I scrolled down the side of the page looking for the link to Catfish Connection and I didn't find it. Are they still a sponsor?
    :0a28:

ST

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Greg, Heck I do not know. I can not find them also. I sure hate to see them go!!

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I sent a PM to a staff yesterday abt this,they never answered me so I don't know either!!!

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Guys they are no longer a sponsor of the BOC.

Thanks
    BOC Staff

5. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Oh man, that's a shame. I'm not trying to be nosy (no specifics necessary) but are they still friends of the BOC? Thanks for the info DH.

ST

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    DH,Thanks for clearing that up,I didn't send you the PM,but thanks for answering!!!

7. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    John: the best way to get a answer from us would be send in a trouble ticket or check on the Board and see who is here prior to sending out a PM , like this weekend Whistler is at a gathering in IL. and he wont be back until Sunday night or Monday. He left yesterday so if you sent it to him thats why he didn't answer.

Guys I would really not like to get into why and how come on this issue but in short we were not getting the support from them as we were giving them.

Thanks
    D/H

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    OK DH,I'll do that next time.It wasn't Whistler either,they were online,but I understand you all are real busy!!! I just didn't want to order something from there if they wasn't a sponsor.I found what I needed abt $10 cheaper at a local tackle shop.I got me a new 9' American Spirit nite stick casting rod for $25.00.Makes my 2nd one,I love them!!!

9. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas

DH, Thank you sir, answered good enough. Maybe they will see the benefit of supporting us before long.

ST

10. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Yes, knowing information like that is pretty crucial to me as well.
    If I need something (sometimes when I don't) I try to buy from BOC sponsers.
    I know it's a find line to walk informing members of sponsers who have dropped off, but I was so used to them being there, it would have not even crossed my mind to look to see if they were still here.

It seems strange not to really be able to talk about it but I understand why.

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Got to say, that sucks bad. I love them, but don't feel as good buying from them now that they are not a sponsor of the BOC anymore. Maybe they will be back one day?

12. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    sponsorship is a 2 way relationship and both sides have to put effort into it

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Couldnt agree more Ive just started buying some things from them and hate that they are no longer a sponsor

14. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Thats too bad they carry some good stuff.

15. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Dang they come and they go they are the ones who steared me to this sight But dont let the door hit you in the a$$

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I'm sad to hear Catfish Connection is no longer a sponsor:sad2: ! I've spent hundreds of dollars on gear from them. The service was always excellent. I hope they come back!

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Never seen CC give away any prizes BOC for giveaways like the other sponsors. All I know is I try my very best to support our sponsors. They help us keep the lights on around here and help in the give aways.

18. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    The BOC shouldve started to get commission for the sales from the get-go. Look at all the tackle addicts that are now their regular customers. Was there really any way that the BOC could tell how much sales the links on this site were generating? Probably not. Their sales will probably dwindle down a little bit, but I will still buy from them because so far thats the best catfish tackle site ive seen.

19. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    I bought four Abu 6500 TCCF reels from them over the past few months. I always thanked them for supporting the BOC in the subject line not knowing they were no longer sponsors. That should tell them where their ad $$ should be spent.

20. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have just found out about there site. I guess if the BOC leadership isn't dogging them then apparently its just a mutual split and no reason we should boycott them. I'm sure it couldn't hurt if you all sent emails to CC and let them know how much they are missed as a sponsor. Business is business and if you want them back as a sponsor, they can't say no with the strength of our numbers.