Catfish Connection Rods?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by SSgt Fishslayer, Oct 30, 2007.

1. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    has anyone used the catfish connection rods? i am looking at them and the prices a re nice, but i would like to know if anyone has used them before. the only ones they have on the website are 11ft and i was wondering do they make a 9ft? i think 11ft might be overkill for a 5500C3.

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    You may want to call them. When they are out of stock on an item, it simply does not show up as available. I did not know that they made their own rods. I order quite a bit of stuff through them, always been satisfied!

3. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The only thing i can say Sgt is the rod looks suspiciously like my Old whisers catfish rod. I don't personally care for it myself (if indeed its the same blank). I still use it from time to time to soft for me though in general.

4. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    yeah i am not looking for a really soft rod. looking for something i can keep the kitties for getting down in the brush and weeds. nothing to strong though, i still want a noce fight. just seeing if anyone had used them before.

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I really like the American spirit nite stick rods,ive ordered three of them from them and have been very satisfied with the service and the rods.The rods are a bit stiff but they will flat haul a big one out of cover when you need to in a hurry.Hope this helps good luck.

6. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    i am looking for a good rod with a fast action, medium/heavy, that will do just that. i like to fight them a little, but alot of the flatties out here will run straight for cover as soon as they are hhoked. thanks for the info. i have narrowed it down to the catfish connection rods or BPS Catmaxx rods.

7. BrianD

BrianD New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I don't know if this helps but I order from Catfish Connection. I use the 7'6" MH Quantum Big Cat Rods and they carry them for 39 bucks. Thats the best price I have been able to find on them anywhere. I have a 5600 on two of those and they are nice.

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well now the catmaxx rods are good as well i have one of those two ani like it alot.The only thing about mine i dont like is its a one piece instead of a 2 piece.Id much rather have the 2 piece but really thats just personel preference really.I do think the eyes one the american spirit rod are stronger and better made,but thats just me.

9. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    although they are a little bit more money then the rods mentioned on here Before this I would highly recomend the atfsih Safari flathead rod, as I feel it will fit your needs much better. You can contact Steve Brown (catfishsafari BOC name) to inquire about them.

10. RedXpress

RedXpress New Member

State:
    Birmingham, Alabama
    I use Allstar Carolina Rig Rods, 7'0 MH 12-25lb. They work great for trolling and casting. Have a 5500 C3 on one and a Daiwa Millionaire S300 on the other. Can be found for about 50 dollars.