Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,912 Posts
Many years ago we would do 800 plus miles in a semi. Unless it contained alot of steep mountains. The 1000 a day was much easier on a motorcycle or in a car. One did not even have to speed to achieve that either. Just made stops for gas, restroom break, munchies. One could even get in a 20 minute nap. I cant do that anymore.

Would like to go. Currently tho is it go confrence, or use that cash to go fishing more. That is when ice disapears. Hopefully some of the seminars will be on utube. Only things I need this year for gear is line, sinkers, and hooks. May order some Sumo flies to catch some walleyes behind the channels bait.

· Premium Member
12,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I always check a couple of days before I go, to to see what the seminars are about and what time they are. Then I schedule my browsing around that. If your with friends, you will generally get better deals when you buy more than one rod. Before you jump in and buy, discuss it and see if you can get a better deal.

· Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,409 Posts
Sure hope one of the vendors is selling weight slings. I've been trying to find a good one, but they always seem to be sold out wherever I look.
I sent the conference director an email last week asking if any vendors would have them available, but he has yet to reply. I'm sure he's busy with more import things, so I'll just find out when I get there.
Wonder if they crappie guys will be offended if crappie are discussed as good bait? 🤣

· Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,761 Posts
Eric,
If someone in the catfish tackle business would make a decently made, sensibly sized and reasonably priced weigh sling they would be right popular. They are most certainly the best thing for safety landing/weighing big fish with the least amount of stress and handling.
I got fed up of searching and ended up getting mine from Big Carp Tackle. It’s a nice piece of kit but not cheap; anything to do with carp fishing that comes from Europe has the “CarpTax” added into the price!

…W

· Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,409 Posts
Thanks Aaron. I've been watching Bottom Dwellers for a while, and they've been out of stock in those.
Might have to eat the Carp Tax and pull rhe trigger on the fancy Euro model 🤣
There's still time and will see what I can find at the conference 🤞

· Premium Member
12,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I payed the carp tax years ago at Big Carp Tackle and got mine. I doubt if Steve would know if a vender would have them. At least if you can’t find one you want at the conference you will have tome to order one on line.

I am thinking about getting another bait rod. I am hoping a vender will have some of the ACC Crappie rods at the conference.

· Registered
5 Posts
Louisville is about 5 hours from me according to Google maps which means I can probably do it in 4.

Is Friday considerably less crowded than the weekend? Do you think I could basically see everything in one day?

Pondering getting a room down there the night before and come home after it closes.

Thanks.

· Premium Member
12,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wyandotte, you can see everything in one day easily enough but you might not be able to see all the seminars which can be helpful. I have not seen the list of what seminars are when yet but I schedule my visit that way.

It would make for a long day with the driving you would be doing.

Stay safe
Tom

1 - 19 of 19 Posts