The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going? I've never been and would like to go this year, assuming it doesn't get cancelled due to Covid!

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
May try to check Steve Douglas web page or see if there is anything on the Monster Rod Holder site.

·
Premium Member
10,920 Posts
Place is the same, in Louisville, KY.

D, It seems like I have heard the date and it is in one of Steve's recent videos. I will look for it.

·
Premium Member
10,920 Posts
The Information I am aware of is on this video starting at about the 6:30 to the 9:00 time marks.

Dates and location are mentioned.

Location same as last year but in the West wing.

Stay Safe

·
Registered
293 Posts
It's a good time. Right off the Ohio River too. No reason not to squeeze in some fishing while you're there.

If you're addicted to watching YouTube fishing videos, like I am, the big highlight is meeting all of those guys there. Not to mention the seminars. They alone are worth the trip.

Peace,
Chad

·
Registered
560 Posts
Double dang it... my calendar was starting to open up!

·
Premium Member
10,920 Posts
Well that is a shame but I will have to say I understand. It was a really great place to get your fingers around a large variety of rods, to get a feel of the action and the power of the rods before spending that hard earned money. Then there is the advantage of not paying the shipping along with maybe getting a discount for purchasing multiple rods. The terminal tackle you get to see is also a real a good part of the conference.

Then there are the seminars that I have the most interest in. I only go for one day so in the past I have always looked at the seminar schedule to pick the seminars I wanted to attend.

But we need to get a handle on this pandemic and large crowds of people are not considered to be a step in that direction.

I am sure this conference is a money maker for Steve Douglas and so I am sure he had to wrestle with this decision. I applaud his decision to cancel the Conference in order to protect those that would venture out during this dangerous time. He put his concern for our health ahead of his business concerns. That says a lot about the man.

tight lines

·
Premium Member
10,920 Posts
Well I will just have to watch and see what they are able to do. One big lose for many was being able to get a good discount on a rod or rods and NOT pay shipping. I do applaud the attempt to get the Conference going and keep everyone safe though.

Haha If I see you on line at the Conference, I will be sure to tap elbows with you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts