Catfish Commando and Bob's Bait

Discussion in 'Shad Talk' started by Telly, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Telly

Telly Guest

Been out of pocket a while, thanks for the heads up Paul.

Bob - I'm with the bait catching boys about the high dollar prepackaged, colored bait saver concoctions. I use granulated non-iodized cattle feed salt. It cost $5 for 50 lbs at the feed store which is right down the road from me, if I want blue or green water I use cake coloring, sometimes I use red or yellow coloring.

Rock salt takes considerably longer to dissolve than granulated salt in bait tanks.

Additional salt is crutial for freshwater fish being transport and highly stressed. Google: "osmoregulation,stress,fish,salt"... salt is important.

I also use Amquel if I'm keeping them overnight so I can control the ammonia.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Telly,

What heads up did I give you?

Paul

3. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC TELLY!!!!!!!!!

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    :smile2: LOL

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think I missed a previous post or something. Telly what are you talking about?

6. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have never heard of Bob's bait... :crazy:

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from Missouri Telly. Now fill us in on what ya talking about. :wink:

8. Telly

Telly Guest

This was in reference to "private messages" I received from Catfish and Bob sent some time ago. I'll use the private message reply box from now on.

Catfish, I'm learning how to better use your site - you've done a great job with it. A+