Catfish Charlie

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by SNAGGED, Dec 16, 2006.

1. SNAGGED

SNAGGED New Member

State:
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    Hey guys, new to the site. anybody use catfish charlies? always stayed with danny kings and it worked for me in the spring. other than that its line stays limp other times of the year.

2. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    welcome to the BOC Ryan thanks for joinin hope u learn alot and nope dont use to much of the manufactured bait mostly live and cut

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Welcome aboard. I also don't use many of the prepared baits.

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Ryan.:big_smile:

To answer your question, yes, I have used Catfish Charlies baits when I lived in MO,. The only formula that I had any luck with, which was excellent, was called "Big Muddy". Unfortunately they no longer make it:sad2: .

Try the blood formula from DK's, yesterday I caught a Channel about 3#, on the original but last week they were caught mostly on the blood:roll_eyes: .

I dunno but if you got something they want, it doesn't matter what it is....... End result heat up the frying pan:tounge_out:

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome Ryan, glad to have on here with us all! Good luck fishin catch a biggun!:big_smile:

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Ryan. I use to use catfish charlies when i lived in Texas, worked okay on the smaller channels, but the big boys didn't seem to care for it.

7. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I've caught quite a few smaller channels on CC cheese dip.

8. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Welcome to the Boc Ryan,

When going fishing you should always bring several types of bait with you, as you never know what their gonna bite on, Try bringing not only prepared baits, but some worms or minnows or liver. These baits tend to catch the eater size cats mostly though.

If your going for the big cats you will need to use live or cut bait. Whatever you try, just enjoy yourself and what nature has to offer....

9. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Welcome Ryan, tho the B O C, the friendliest people and the best fishin info on the net.
    I have used charlie baits of and on and never had any luck.

Flint

10. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Hey Ryan,
    Welcome , Iam new here too.
    Just jump right in.
    John

11. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Hey Ryan, welcome to the BOC.You joined a very select group of folks. The best you would want to meet and fish with.
    As for bait,well, I take everything that I can get my hands. It seems that the very bait I leave out will be the one everyones killing them on.Here in OK. we can use 7 poles, so just put a different bait on each one and set back and let the cats tell you what they are in the mood for. LOL Allen

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC Ryan. Yes to the question. I use alot of Catfish Charlies when fishing for channels. I have also caught blues on it. I prefer the Shad/Cheese formula. Also like the blood. Wicked Stickey is another good dip bait. Bass Pro has Catfish Charlies. Catfish Connection has the Wicked Stickey. I hope this helps and Good Catching.

13. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    welcome to the boc ryan..

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    WElcome to the BOC Family. your gonna find out you can learn a whole lot here.

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hey Ryan,first welcome to the Greatest Catfish family around The BOC.
    Second yes I use Catfish Charlies quite a bit. Don't catch nothing great big just good eatin size channels and once in awhile a small Blue.
    The best two perpared baits I've used are Premo , C.C. and D.K.'s punch bait.
    As for C.C I have had better luck with the blood,my neighbor has better luck with the cheese flavored. Never did have much luck with the shad flavored.
    Go catch the big ones what ever you use.