Catfish charlie bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Mar 25, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    does anyone use it for channels

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I've used it a few times over the years with good success.

3. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I guess I ate a hundred pounds of fish when I was a kid... and all of them caught on Catfish Charlie. It and worms were the only choice for channels.

I keep a jar of Charlie in my boat all the time for when I feel nostalgic. It still works it's magic.

4. ezclip

ezclip New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I'm considering offering the large tubs on my website. What do you all think?

5. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I love using catfish charlie. I grew up with it, since it was the one stink bait my father used. While I use other stink baits now, I still make sure to have some catfish charlie in the tackle box.

6. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    It was either Catfish Charlie , or Bee Jay when I was a kid , ya had to have one or the other or it wasn't a catfish trip .

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I always use it when i go to Texas to visit my son and it works well, but up here they wont touch it.

8. skipper1

skipper1 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    I like it but I've never caught any monsters with it but caught some nice eaten ones

9. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    I have had real good results with the blood B type and would like to find a outlet for the large tubs at a reasonable price.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think Catfish Charlies is one of the best stink baits out there. I especially like the SHAD. There is always a big bucket to be found in my boat. The Blood Dip bait is also good. I have caught some large Channels on the Shad.Bass Pro Shop carries Charlies in the bulk in their stores. I have not seen it in their catalogs. I hope this helps.

11. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I didn't know they made large tubs of it. That's all my dad used when I was a kid, and I have great luck with it also. We usually used the Pole Cracker (hard to find here now) and the Blood. I've had good luck with the ones in the purple and green label also (can't remember the names).

I'd love to find some large tubs of the Pole Cracker and Blood bait!

12. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Yes, I would recommend it on your website. My favorites are Catfish Charlie, Rusty's, and Sonny's. Maybe you could offer large and small tubs of each? I would also recommend offering Looper Rigs and worms for use with the bait.

13. DM1975

DM1975 New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kansas
    I use it exclusivly when I am trying to stock up for a big fish fry. My buddy last year tried to use everything but Charlies just because I use it so much. He never once out fished me. Been useing it since I was a kid and will continue to do so.

14. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Try looking around in ur town, u might have some local bait shops that sell it.