Catfish Chaos!!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bownero, Jun 7, 2009.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Another weekend and the Catfishing was fantastic!! This time my Ol' Buddy "AL" enjoyed catching some nice Channel Cats at Elwood Res. in Nebraska. Al is a retired man and enjoys fishing as much as he can do it! I love taking him in the boat with me and sometimes we just clobber the cats and wipers. I've known Al for around 15 years and we share fish stories and secrets. Our success tells all. His PB Channel Cat weighed in at 22# and he caught it last year.

To round out the weekend, I caught my biggest cat so far for this year. It was caught at the Johnson Lake inlet. Using blood bait, I managed to catch a 15lb. 10oz. Channel Cat. I also caught a 5# on a dead bluegill too.

Enclosed is some pics of our Cats!! Ended up with 9 this weekend ranging in weight from 1.5 to the 15 plus pounder. Caught a small flathead too on liver!!

Thanks.
    Mark..

Attached Files:

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    nice catch ..enoyed the pictures

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Here's some more pics of the 5# with the boys and the 15. 10oz. All fish were CPR'd. to fight another day!!!!!

Attached Files:

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    those boys look pretty excited to be lookin at that fish! nice pics.

5. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
  6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mark Thanks for sharing the pics and story. Enjoyed. Congrats to you and your friend. I liked the smile on the kids safe. I bet they were thinking about when they get bigger they will be showing off the fish.

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I bet they were thinking about when they get bigger they will be showing off the fish

That's a sure thing Mickey!! It won't be long and Daddy will be taking them out on the first fishing adventure!! Kyle 4. is really casting great for his age!! Maybe a little Bluegill action to get them started!!:big_smile::006:

8. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

great fish Mark....see ya at the gathering

9. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Nice job guys. What's taking you so long? Bree is 4 and can already catch her own bluegills, and Ryan is 6 and baits his own hook and cast all on his own. Get em out while you can. Won't be long and they won't want to go. Girls and things like that will keep them away.
    My father in law, myself, Robert (Chrissy and I's 12 yr old), and Ryan are getting into a jr fishing tourney next weekend. Multi species and it's on Lake McConahey.
    Anyways nice looking fish and keep up the good fishing.

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Not to worry! I"m planning on taking the boys to catch some bluegills this summer. Both of the boys show a high interest in fishing and I'm pretty positive that the boys are going to take to fishing, like ducks to water!! Girls? LMAO! That's a thing I'll worry about in the future and when the hormones kick in, I'll just sit back and catch the big ones and make them jealous!! LOL!! Glad to see your kids are involved in the outdoors too. These darn Video games are for the birds and it takes away from the learning interest of what GOD has created!!:wink:

11. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Glad you all had an enjoyable, productive outing....That's what it's all about:big_smile:

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Mark on the nice Channel Cats! :cool2: A 15# is a real hawg! :big_smile: Excellent pictures! Thanks for posting them! The boys look real excited! :big_smile:

13. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS