Catfish caught in nebraska

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by young catfisherman, Aug 10, 2007.

1. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    i just move to nebraska from ohio, this is this 1st catfish i have caught her in omaha, if u could give me tips or spot,,
    thanks
    i couldnt find out how to put pic in my post so its my avatar

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the nice eater! Sorry, I live far away so I can't help much.

3. young catfisherman

State:
    ohio
    thanks for the post any way:big_smile:

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    congrats on the new fish hope many to come now go out there an get you a hog

5. young catfisherman

State:
    ohio
    thats what im thinking thaks

6. young catfisherman

State:
    ohio
    if any 1 has tips or spots to go to fill free to help thanks

7. holdemplyer

holdemplyer New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Zorinsky and Wheraspann both have a good amount of eater size cats, with the occasional big one, including the occasional blue cat. If you want to have fun, and up your chances of catching a Master Angler channel cat, go to Two Rivers, behind the office, there is a lake that is Catch and Release on all Bass and Channel Cats, but in there, a 30 incher or bigger is not uncommon. The Platte river has several public areas, two rivers, louisville, that are close to omaha, and plenty of eater channel cats in there, with the occasional flathead. Other than that, put your time in around the lakes and figure them out. Bait.... anything that has scent, liver is one of my favorites, but also cut bait, night crawlers, even hotdogs. good luck and happy fishing.
    Alex

8. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    welcome to omaha. holdemplyer's advice is about right on. I've had good success at standing bear(132nd and fort). nothing large, but excellent eaters. went to wehrspan this morning. no cats, but some nice crappie. good luck:0a22:

9. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I been catching them like crazy out at 2 Rivers, like Holdemployer suggested. Just hotdog, a small circle hook and your set. Ive been using a float tube, and I have found the fish more towards the middle of the lake, right around the electric feeder.

Be sure to pinch your barbs in lake #3. Its a rule, and a good one!