Catfish caller??

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bighoss, May 17, 2008.

1. bighoss

bighoss New Member

State:
    Thomson Georgia
    Is there such a thing as a catfish caller and does it work?I am also in another catfish forum and a man there said there is and it works.Just thought I would check it out. Thanx

2. bighoss

bighoss New Member

State:
    Thomson Georgia
    I should have searched it. I found it when I did.Still not convinced It works.
    Thanx.

3. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    I checked out the story too. Would be nice if you had more than one review. I can`t believe that there wouldn`t be alot of gullible cat fisherman. Heck I`ve spent more for less.

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I read about it a few years ago in a magazine (In-Fisherman?). Haven't heard about it much since.

5. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ehh well it sounds too good to be true. looks like THEY'RE the ones goin fishin

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Now THAT is funny... I don't care who you are:smile2:

7. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Don't think I would trust a caller for cats. For one cats mostly search for food by taste not sound.

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Catfish Connection sells what is called the "Clonk" catfish caller. It says:
    "When plunged into and ripped through the water, the Clonk mimics and intensifies the sound waves given off by struggling baits and creates a feeding response that will bring those monstrous cats out of their holding areas." The device is aluminum and cost $16.95. For an additional $17.95, you can get the instructional video. I wouldn't waste any on my money on it. I'd say Mr. Clonk is laughing all the way to the bank!
    Bill in SC

9. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Oh ye of little faith. I am fully trained in the art of catfish calling. For $300 a trip & a hotel room I would be happy to call cats for you all day long.

10. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    Just go buy a bull horn and yell here fishey fishey into it. Will probably be about as effective:smile2:

11. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I have actually used one and I would say that it did not hurt the fishing. A last weekend I hit a nice flat area. 10 yards of 2-3 ft of water a large log pile and then a drop off to 12 - 9 ft. I sat on the log pile for 3 mins hitting different areas of it. No hits, so I pull the caller out and used it a few time. The gill that I had next to the pile started acting funny and I got a nice hit on eone pole 2 mins later another hit on the 2nd pole. Did the caller produce the bite maybe maybe not, but did it hurt the bite. NOPE!

12. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    In Europe they are used and they are called Clonks! Made of wood or metal and shaped primarily the same. They are effective and will entice the Wels Catfish to become more active. The use and the method of using them can be overdone as the fish become immune to the sound that they make. When the Clonk is employed correctly, the sound travels! It is both on the top of the water where we can hear and also the main area under the water. The sound resinates and the fish are made to be more aggressive, resulting in bites! This is what I know to be TRUE and I would consider it possible to have it work here.

HOPPY4

13. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Hey Catfish, Hey catfish, No didn't work I think I'm going to try bait now.

14. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I thought it was here kitty,kitty,kitty,kitty or psssspssspsssspssss---something like that.:roll_eyes:

15. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Im in the process of invinting a new one and it's called "I can call cats"

Now it appears to look like a empty beer can with holes in it but don't let that fool you. It works like you wouldnt believe......

For the low price of only 29.95 plus shipping you to "Can Call Cats"

16. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    Troy; I think you might of "personally" emptied too many of those beer cans while inventing that cat caller.

17. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    You really need to carry these in the tackle shop Steve, there awesome. I can have a dozen or so made up tonight depending on how many you will need....:smile2:

18. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    A tough job but somebody had to do it huh?

19. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Yep, I use a fish caller. :wink: I stand on the bank and go " Here, fishey, fishey, fishey!!!" Works like a charm. Embarrasses the heck out of my kids !:smile2::smile2::smile2:
    Deb

20. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Bet they think thats just utterly ridiculous :wink: