Catfish Burglars

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    My apologies for not having been on here much the past 2 weeks. I flew a 6 day trip, had one day off, then had to fly five more days. On my one day off I decided to fly home, see the family and maybe catch the riverbend weighin.

Landed in St. Louis and caught the Hilton van to go to my truck. Driver dropped me off and walking up to my truck noticed my entire handle assembly was lying on the ground with gouges in the door all around where the handle use to be. Took a peek inside to see that everything had been ransacked. Ironically enough, the thieves didn't care much for any of the electronics that were in the truck. They left a radar detector, camera, binoculars, a car alarm that was in the box, etc

what they did get
    my briefcase that was a gift from my wife back in 1993 for graduating college.
    A bunch of Gateway Decals
    A bunch of Monster Car Decals
    Sea Ark Decals
    a dozen Gateway Cats Tshirts
    a couple dozen Monster Cats Tshirts
    bank and credit card receipts
    all of gateways receipts and bylaw copies
    my check book

the physical damage they did is estimated at 1000 bucks with perhaps 600 bucks or so in contents.

The detectives were mystified as well why someone would leave all the electronics yet haul off all the catfishing stuff. I'm sure I'll be seeing some folks around th stl airport nicy attired in Gateways and FCO's gear. I hope they promote for us professionally : )

I'm waiting to hear back from the insurance company on all of the contents stolen. Whether they pay me back or not I'll replace the decals and shirts that were for the club members. Both mine, and the clubs account were closed and reopened under different numbers. Keep ya eyes peeled out for sum decked out catfish burglers.

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    How could I forget, they also got a box of Gamakatsu 9 ott J hooks lmao. Took the hooks and left the camera. Makes sense to me lmao

3. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    I will be out this weekend so I will keep an eye out for any one wearing a gateway or monster cat shirt and fishing with 9 ott J hooks. :wink: :wink:

4. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    Sorry to hear about your break in. They never said thief's were smart. But at least they know a good hook when they see it.

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I guess we will never cease to be amazed. I doubt I will ever be able to say I have seen it all. Someone has risked their freedom for some tee shirts and a box of hooks. REMARKABLE

6. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    would make for a good comercial

Priceless

7. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Well Bob we all know that the Gateway Cats and Monster Cats are big business now. I am sure those T shirts will bring a good price on the black market. I can't believe that Cuz left them just laying around. He was just asking for trouble..:wink: :wink: I guess the decoy electronics didn't work.

Sorry about your misfortune Cuz.

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Dont say much for airport security either. I would think they watch a little closer than that. Maybe its on surveilance camera.

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    The Hilton parking lot is gated with security. Can't elaborate on the cameras yet. ; )

Crazy thing is, the electronics were piled in the passengers seat. Perhaps they got spooked off before they could grab the pile. They also thought it would be cool to rip my rearview mirror off. The felt it important to take my sunshade down for sum reason as well. Maybe they were going to steal the truck. Who knows. I was furious for a day or two, however have calmed down as I realize those who stoop to such levels will get there's in the end. They always do. Just sucks to lose the briefcase and all my gateway stuff. I've worked hard to get that stuff organized and in one place to make keeping up with things easier. I do have everything backed up on the computer so not all is lost.

It's my understanding this break in counts as a feloney so it's not fun n games.

Just need to get my door and lock repaired and I'm back in business.

10. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    cat burglers lmao sorry to hear this bunch of dumb a$$es

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    On a positive note, my insurance company has been phenomenal. By the time Lisa came to pick me up, and I got to Jefferson county, they called to tell me they had me a rental waiting and the tow company was already hooked to it, and heading for Fetus Ford. I was flabbergasted. What a company.

Imagine my surprise when I showed up at enterprise rental car and was handed the keys to a spanking brand new f150 four wheel drive. I called the insurance agent and said there must be a mistake, I was expecting a cheapo jap car. She said, nope you had a truck, your getting a truck to drive. All I could say was WOW. Now I'm spoiled drivn this snazzy truck around lol the mrs already told me NO. : (

12. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry for your loss man, I have been hit too, parking at one of the Park and rides for Lambert Airport. Now when I travel for work I always drive my beat up wrecked S-10. Leave my nice truck at home.

We have 12 vans out all day around the metro area picking up, I'll tell those guys to keep their eyes open for the stuff you described. Never know.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John sorry to hear of your loss and damage. Thievery is getting bad all over. :sad2::sad2:

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Whew! There for a second, I thought my evil twin was up to his dastardly deeds again, then you mentioned the Gamagatsu J hooks. He only uses the Gamagatsu Circles, so it wasn't him.:wink:

15. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Bum deal Cuz! The title threw me so I hadn't even looked at this thread. Hope they find the perp!

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thx for all the well wishes. Pretty bum deal but everything is repairable and I can replace the shirts and decals, but the briefcase is just a bummer. I've had it since 1993 and was still in great shape. Too me, it can't be replaced. Oh well, guess someone needed it more than I did. They say everything happens for a reason, although it's tough for us to see it sometimes.

I sure know there's alot of folks dealing with life issues far worse then having a vehicle broken into and ransacked so I count the many blessings I do have.

17. dennis boehm

dennis boehm Member

State:
    olathe kan
    bad deal there nanner, maybe a PETA or jealous BASS guy who knows:angry:

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Perhaps, but most likely just a kid that's been lead down the wrong path to gangs and drugs. Maybe one day they will realize stealing and wreaking havoc on folks that work hard for there things isnt the way to go. Life goes on.

19. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Your attitude toward this crappy situation is admirable.

20. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    I hope they find them and let YOU skin them like a catfish. I HATE THIEVES!!!