Catfish & Buckhorn Reservoir

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cattn-Jeep, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    Real quick question: Are there catfish in Buckhorn Reservoir? If so, what types?

Thanks in advance!! :big_smile:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am not sure......................but we will bump this post up to get more attention!:wink:

3. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    I'm assuming you're talking about the Wilson city reservoir. Yes, there are channel catfish there. I've never heard of any flatheads and blues being caught there.

4. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    The area behind Buckhorn Dam contains MANY MANY flathead and channel cats.

5. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    Buckhorn Reservoir, if I'm not mistaken is the water supply for the Town of Wilson NC, built on Moccasin Creek. Buckhorn Dam, again if I'm not mistaken, is a hydro-electric dam on the Cape Fear River, just a few miles downstream from the Jordan Lake Dam. The Cape Fear River, above and below Buckhorn Dam definitely has channels, blues and flatheads. But, Moccasin Creek, to my knowledge, has never produced anything other than bullheads and channels that high up. Of course, as you start getting nearer and nearer to the Neuse, your chances of catching blues and flatheads would increase.