catfish biting?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by skeezaveli, Apr 10, 2008.

1. skeezaveli

skeezaveli New Member

State:
    illinois
    is it just me? or does it seem the kitties are coming off their perch a lil slow this season? i wonder if this long cold winter got em a lil stiff down there....i been using a few ol reliables...along with skip jack...and an old family secret recipe......an occasional jar of sonny's.......man!!! there's been days where if it weren't for the wind...my pole woulda never wiggled!!! lol anyone else sufferin' out there?

i'm headed up to pittsfield this weekend to pine lake......y'all know anything about it?

figure i could hunker down in the ol' rv and see if this cold breeze really blows....got a fresh batch of my grandaddy's secret stinky....gonna go after a mess of them channels....but boy...they ain't biting anywhere around here!!!

eric

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I agree.. it has been incredibly slow this year so far. Did catch some at Baldwin, but that was slow biting too. They are really not on the prowl yet. I think the cold is still a factor and the forever changing temperatures.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Every where I've heard they are catching cats. Get out there and try again.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.

Well they may be catching them around your area but theysure got lock jaw around here. Gotta get this water warmed up more. still only about 47 degrees here. Sooner or later they'll start bitting. Keep on tryin gotta get better.

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    your not holding ur mouth right.:big_smile:

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    So Shane... I can tell you definetely went fishing with Kevin. He said that same thing to me!

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    So far this year the cats have been real slow in my area