Catfish Bite was on tonight in Missouri!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bigmagic, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    We went out for a few hours tonight and man was the bite on we caught a 38,33,25 and a 15lber along with numerous smaller fish. We just got back(its 1:20am) but we spent the last hour reviving the 33 so we could leave the ramp. We went out with no camera and decided to keep the large fish in the livewell and get the camera back at the ramp. It was very nearly a bad mistake but we did get the 33 to finally come around. Just me and my net guy(son-n-law). Pictures to follow(very dark though).

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Way to go Ron! Can you say, "FLASH" LOL!

3. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Congrats. I'm really put out now. I was supposed to have the night off tonight and had an all nighter planned with my buddy down on the Missouri river but I got called in to work. I guess that's just my luck. Can't wait to see those pics.

4. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Well our camera operators left a little somethingto be desired but here's three pictures from last nights fishing.(sorry for the low quality) Its 6:44 am now and I'm seriously thinking of going back out. Enjoy! See ya on the water!

Attached Files:

5. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    I should have said that the 33lber was the only fish that didn't just rip our arms off when they swam off. I believe he had a mild case of shock. After about an hour at the boat ramp he did swim off under his own power. Here' couple of pictures of the revival. These pictures doesn't do this fish justice size wise. Full of eggs. See ya on the water!

Attached Files:

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Way to Go!!!! I went out Wednesday night but got skunked! Not even a nibble. Where'd you catch those and on what? I've been able to find plenty of shad but can't seem to catch any cats. My wife thinks my boat (or me) is cursed! LOL

7. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Nice fishy, fishy!!

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Those pics are just fine Ron. Thanx for sharein.

9. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Nice catch Ron! Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Good Friday", lol. :)

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    real nice catch,my first night out-thursday-wasn't good at all.no bites at all but i got to stay out and fish all night at my favorite farm pond!!!

better to have fished than to have not fished at all!!!

11. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Bill we fished the inside flat of an outside bend if you and imagine that. Its actually just a channel swing where the old river channel goes from one side of the river to the other. We used shad and although we were anchored we left our drift rigs on the poles I've been using all week. It was a lot fun. I caught a dink to get us going then it looked like my son-n-law was going to put it on me. He caught the 33 and the 15 and I was in danger of being the one in the wrong seat and needing a comeback(actually I was thrilled for him). I then caught the 25 and we started getting worried about the 33 making it so we decided to wrap it up. We were about to take the lines in when the 38 hit. Needless to say my "comeback" was complete. See ya on the water!

12. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Great report! Congrats..

ST

13. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Y'all had a good trip, Ron. Thanks for the report.

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    those are some really nice fish!!! congrats on the catch!!!

15. ratred

ratred New Member

State:
    mississippi
    Good report . Congrads. I too went last night , not near the luck you had. Just caught a lot of bait stealers.

16. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Nice to hear you had a good trip, Ron. Wish I was there now but will have to wait for the end of the month to make our first trip down to the lake this year. Keep us posted!

17. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Bill any of those storms get near ya?

18. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The tornado that hit Iowa City went just south of my place. My wife's uncle and I went out south of town to a hilltop and watched the twister hit Iowa City. You could see it quite plainly when either lightening would strike or a transformer would blow. Truly remarkable that there were so few injuries. One death east of here in Muscatine Co.

4 days till I come to Warsaw. I think I'm bringing cool weather.

19. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    No, Ron, the tornado's were more in the middle and East part of the state and we are in the North West part of Iowa right where Iowa, South Dakota and Nebraska all come together. I have a son over in that part of the state but more to the North of Iowa City. He should be OK, but haven't heard from him for several days... should I be concerned?lol I'm sure he's fine, we are in the middle of a thunder storm currently and we aren't in a drought by any means, .... there goes the Dish TV signal.... I should go with cable TV. All our rivers in this part of the state are flooding, like 6 to 9 feet over flood stage. Mostly farm land flooded and a few highways with water over them. I would love to send some of this rain to Wolfman and just let it soak him big time, he could lay in bed listening to the rain and think he was out fishing with Larry.lol I guess he would need a leak in the roof, dripping on him to be more realistic.

20. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Glad to hear your both Ok! Bill I didn't know you were that far North. Do you ever sneak up to Minnesota and do a little fishing? Thats a great place for Walleye,Pike and Smallmouth. When I went to Canada a few years back we stopped and I fished at the city park in International falls(Canadian side). I couldn't believe the Smallmouth fishing.

Mike I'll take all the cool weather ya got plus some major rain would be nice! I hope you and Steve tear em up this week! I didn't fish today because everytime I started to it would cloud up and the wind would gust. After last night(a perfect evening) I can be a little selective. I need to do some things around the home place anyway. Tomorrows supposed to be windy as well so I may just wait till Monday to get back out there. I hope all of you have a trip this year as good as the one we had last night. See ya on the water!