Catfish baits?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Joe4BigCats, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Joe4BigCats

Joe4BigCats New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kans
    I alway use worms out fishing and have come up with some pretty big cat's... but, I'm looking to catch some Bigger Cat's and was wonderin' on some Idea's on some other bait's.... please let me know... thanx

2. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    Joe I like to use skipjack and shad for bigger fish. I find that in most cases the bigger the bait the bigger the fish. good luck, John

3. Joe4BigCats

Joe4BigCats New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kans
    John... thank you... I've heard about shad... would you say live shad or dead shad... which do you think is better..??

4. TarheelCatMan

TarheelCatMan New Member

State:
    Lincolnton, North Carolina
    If you can find them, Black Salty bait fish are good for the big ones I think. If you have never heard of them just search on google for them and do a little reading. They work good here in North Carolina lakes and rivers.

5. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    live shad are better but it is very hard to keep them alive. black salty are for sale in AR. you can go to blacksalty.com and they will send them to you on fedex. I fish shad dead and don't forget to use ther head.sometime big fish will like that part best.

6. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    Big fish eat smaller fish, almost exclusively. Shad, bluegill, crappie, carp, minnows, did I say shad?:wink: